Robbie's Funeral

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Les1949

On club twitter/X..
The Club can now confirm details for the funeral of lifelong Hampton & Richmond supporter and volunteer Robbie Brownett.

The Funeral will be held on Monday, June 3 at the Hanworth Crematorium. The funeral will start at 2:20PM.

His family has asked for no flowers, but instead invites donations to the Hampton & Richmond Supporters' Trust.
Les1949

Les1949 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:00 am On club twitter/X..
The Club can now confirm details for the funeral of lifelong Hampton & Richmond supporter and volunteer Robbie Brownett.

The Funeral will be held on Monday, June 3 at the Hanworth Crematorium. The funeral will start at 2:20PM.

His family has asked for no flowers, but instead invites donations to the Hampton & Richmond Supporters' Trust.
Sadly we will be unable to attend as Lesley has a hospital appointment the same afternoon.
Lord Elpus

I understand it was hoped that the wake was going to be at the Club...the announcement doesn't mention this. Anyone know?

Poor old Robbie, the place won't be the same without him. In 1981, as a 13 year old, he drove me to one of my first away games, to Wembley FC. My Dad (Eric) and I took him to away games from about 1993 until he decided he couldn't do the longer journeys anymore a short while ago. On these trips he always insisted on having Radio 2's Saturday lunchtime "Pick Of The Pops" show on in the car, giving him a chance to hold forth with his encyclopaedic knowledge of music. He could always be depended on as a great source of news about the club (not much of it how the club would have always wanted to have been portrayed!) and although our views didn't always coincide his wit meant he could be very entertaining at times.
BeaverWatcher

Trust article about Robbie with details on how to donate.

https://thebeaverstrust.com/posts/robbie-brownett/
Tracey

Lord Elpus wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:22 am I understand it was hoped that the wake was going to be at the Club...the announcement doesn't mention this. Anyone know?

Poor old Robbie, the place won't be the same without him. In 1981, as a 13 year old, he drove me to one of my first away games, to Wembley FC. My Dad (Eric) and I took him to away games from about 1993 until he decided he couldn't do the longer journeys anymore a short while ago. On these trips he always insisted on having Radio 2's Saturday lunchtime "Pick Of The Pops" show on in the car, giving him a chance to hold forth with his encyclopaedic knowledge of music. He could always be depended on as a great source of news about the club (not much of it how the club would have always wanted to have been portrayed!) and although our views didn't always coincide his wit meant he could be very entertaining at times.

I was told by Dick Parson’s that it has been confirmed the wake is at the club afterwards, and I did ask the question on the clubs FB post about the funeral, but no response
Tracey

Will from the club has confirmed that the wake is back at the club
TW3 Beaver

Will there be parking available at the club?