More Changes?

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
KewBeaver

Has this info been posted through Companies House?

Phil Weller is the Trust chairman? Does he post on this forum? Perhaps he can clarify the status?
geedub

KewBeaver wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:46 am Has this info been posted through Companies House?
Yes this all appeared at Companies House yesterday
Les1949

KewBeaver wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:46 am Has this info been posted through Companies House?

Phil Weller is the Trust chairman? Does he post on this forum? Perhaps he can clarify the status?
I assume that you are not a member of the Trust or you would know that Phil is no longer the Trust Chairman. At the Trust AGM, during the pat season, a new Trust Board was elected. Phii remains a member of the Committee but the main officers are all new. Stefan Rance is now Chairman. The Trust has a website, thebeaverstrust.com.
KewBeaver

Les1949 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:12 am

I assume that you are not a member of the Trust or you would know that Phil is no longer the Trust Chairman. At the Trust AGM, during the pat season, a new Trust Board was elected. Phii remains a member of the Committee but the main officers are all new. Stefan Rance is now Chairman. The Trust has a website, thebeaverstrust.com.
I will take out a new membership shortly. I will check the website. Thank you.

As Phil was on the main board I think it was a fair assumption to assume he still ran the Trust. Why isn't the new chairman on the board?
EastTerracer

Tony wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:20 am I can only guess at the motivation for shareholders, many of whom are U.S. based and presumably have limited knowledge of non league football.
By their own admitance, the brothers sold a story (possibly their core competence) and no doubt played on the 'real Ted Lasso' for the U.S. contingent. Unlikely that the investors were naive but perhaps not expecting the story to be a damp squib ending after the first chapter.
EastTerracer

KewBeaver wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:29 am As Phil was on the main board I think it was a fair assumption to assume he still ran the Trust. Why isn't the new chairman on the board?
The directors of the club are now reduced to Simon Davers, Ben Hudson, Will King, Jacques Le Bar and James Newman. So I think it is safe to assume the new chair is on the board.
KewBeaver

EastTerracer wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:46 am
KewBeaver wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:29 am As Phil was on the main board I think it was a fair assumption to assume he still ran the Trust. Why isn't the new chairman on the board?
The directors of the club are now reduced to Simon Davers, Ben Hudson, Will King, Jacques Le Bar and James Newman. So I think it is safe to assume the new chair is on the board.
Thanks. I meant the Trust chair? As the last Trust chair was also on the board.
geedub

I recall at the time of the ownership change, Ranayama agreed that Phil would stay on the board for the time being but not as a representative of the Trust, instead in his own personal capacity. I think the dilution of the Trust's shareholding meant that Ranayama decided the Trust no longer got a board seat.
BeaverWatcher

Correct, the Trust were allowed a named individual on the club board till the end of this season. Following that it is within the clubs discretion as if it wants to have a named individual from the Trust Board on the main club board.
RogerSW

Enlightened self-interest would mean the Club puts the ST back as a Board member in its own right, as it was before the takeover, not a named individual.

It would mean the Club is more likely to succeed, make supporters feel more involved in the Club meaning more people would volunteer, help the Club avoid mistakes it may not be aware of, and improve relationships with the local community & key local stakeholders, creating a unified environment for new investors and easing the way to survival and success.
Tony

Will be interesting to see if the new club board changes its attitude towards the Trust. Jacques and Ben were happy to have them on board before the takeover.
Shepperton Supporter

I got an impression that the brothers were happy with Phil, certain folk on the new board may have been perceived by then as antagonistic towards them and were excluded.
As has been stated the brothers still have the control and thus the final say in the composition of the board.