Club Statement 03/05/24

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

Yes Sam Cox. Agree he has certain qualities that would be of use to us.see if he applies.
Lord Elpus

I really hope Sam does apply. Decent bloke, excellent coach and highly regarded by those in the game. We really could do a lot worse, given that there are so many clowns amongst the potential candidates. I wouldn't want someone who's just on the usual tired old list of managerial merry go round suspects.
Shepperton Supporter

The question that Sam and any other applicants will ask Is how much is my player budget? Then is this guaranteed? Then will I have free reign on the playing side.
KewBeaver

Matt Taylor has got the Wealdstone job.

Is Paul Tisdale still at Hampton & Richmond?
Shepperton Supporter

Is Paul Tisdale still at Hampton & Richmond?
[/quote]

Who knows!

Complete absence of any information,probably because there is no communication between the brothers and the rest!
Shepperton Supporter

Taking into account the timing of the announcement on 3/5, followed by the advert for a new manager, coupled with the normal time gap between appointments at this time of the year, I would suspect that candidates cvs are being studied and checked currently with the preferred ones being interviewed. On this timescale we might learn the next manager in a couple of weeks. If we don’t, then it might be that potential acceptable candidates have not been interested and we will be forced to consider less experienced and cheaper options.
Cliffp

I think you are clutching at straws Shepp

These 2 clowns have no money and were relying on getting others to “invest” their own hard owned cash into the project. I think they thought some sort of Wrexham equivalent might happen which they could ride on the back of.

If they had any money they’d have given it to Mel last season to secure a play-off position when the squad limitations were there for all to see.

If I had to hazard a guess Mel could see the writing on the wall and given the strength of the league next season couldn’t see a way to compete at the top end with the finances available and wasn’t going to be held responsible for failure to achieve the 5yr plan.

Terminating the pitch care contract smacks of no money. None of the suggested ground improvements are going to happen for the same reason otherwise they’d already be in progress.

No new manager of any quality is going to commit to taking over with no certainty of budget. The Italians are trying to drum up investment but have fallen short of their grand plans but won’t be honest enough to explain this to the supporters.
TW3 Beaver

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:26 pm Ref Issac. Regrettable,this,could be the first of,many. Eastbourne are recruiting well.
They thought that last season.
Josh2002

James Comley has tweeted that he is leaving the club. https://x.com/theonecoms/status/1789658 ... JLl_yHWs2A
Tony

Not unexpected given Mel’s departure as any new manager likely to want his own coaching team alongside him.
Shepperton Supporter

Tony wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:17 pm Not unexpected given Mel’s departure as any new manager likely to want his own coaching team alongside him.
Is this a good sign?
Unless it is part of the cost cutting exercise.
Tony

It’s a guess but would expect he has just decided to move on to pastures new. Any manager will need a coach and will work within whatever budget is agreed.