New Manager

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

Perhaps now we know why experienced managers when asked what the playing budget was , walked away.!
Jamie

I've just watched the just under 3 minute video on social media of Alan Julian talking about the 6 recent signings.
The way Jules speaks with such enthusiasm is refreshing, and knowing so much about the players and having worked with them before can only be a good thing.
Some of them may be inexperienced at step 2, but I love a player who is willing to test themselves as high as possible.
Hopefully the team will get some positive early results to gain confidence.
Shepperton Supporter

I have just watched this and Alan is enthusiastic.
Several points Wall is target man and main striker so no Bloomfield or Seymour? Taylor at right back so no Thomas or Revan?
Are we to assume that none of the last season squad will return?
Relegation fear expressed on this form could be that closer? Let’s hope for some signings with some experience plus some of last season.
geedub

I'm guessing it might only be Jake Grey, and possibly Bayley Brown, that return from last year's squad. Would be nice to keep a few more if we could.

Full points to Jules on the high level of enthusiasm and upbeat introduction of the new players so far. I think he is coming across better than I would have expected. Of course, I'm sure we will need more than just enthusiasm and positivity this season - let's hope Jules can show us that when the time comes.
Tony

I am more interested to see what happens when enthusiasm meets reality because no amount of enthusiasm will compensate if we go into the league with a very inexperienced side. At the moment we have only seven players confirmed so let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves. Lack of info on last season’s players not yet announced, suggests to me that they may be on contracts and transfers or contract renegotiations are yet to be concluded. If they were staying then surely we would have announced that fact by now. So far we have only two players who were at step 2 last season. Talk about going for the play offs may be a little premature.
Shepperton Supporter

I suspect Tony is right.
What we were thinking about at the end of last season has drastically changed.. Ambition for next season is different. Further input of young players from levels below will not lift the feeling of foreboding.
Hopefully we might get some good news soon.
BevereeMaster

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 2:20 pm I have just watched this and Alan is enthusiastic.
Several points Wall is target man and main striker so no Bloomfield or Seymour? Taylor at right back so no Thomas or Revan?
Are we to assume that none of the last season squad will return?
Relegation fear expressed on this form could be that closer? Let’s hope for some signings with some experience plus some of last season.
Correct, we can’t afford those players salaries. Many came for the hybrid/full time set up and links to Mel
tones

It makes you wonder why so much money was wasted last season in building a side to push for promotion only for it to all be undone in the last few games. The fans are now being asked to support a team next season that are clearly going to struggle and probably be relegated. Has no one at the club devised a proper plan to ensure that at the least the team has a fighting chance on the pitch.
TW10

Do we think Seymour and Bloomfield were signed on two year contracts? Maybe Jordan Thomas and Revan? If do their agents are desperately trying to get some club to match their wages so they can jump ship..
EastTerracer

tones wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:59 pm It makes you wonder why so much money was wasted last season in building a side to push for promotion only for it to all be undone in the last few games. The fans are now being asked to support a team next season that are clearly going to struggle and probably be relegated. Has no one at the club devised a proper plan to ensure that at the least the team has a fighting chance on the pitch.
The brothers Venture Capital FC playbook clearly didn't cut the mustard. Far too much money wasted.
Sparky

When I hear managers talking about wanting players who will fight for the club, who will be warriors, I fear the worst.

I think, these days, with rules on tackling being far stricter, etc, what you need is players who are "football intelligent", even at this level.

When I hear managers saying they want fighters, I associate that with relegation clubs.