Club Statement 03/05/24

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
TW3 Beaver

TW10 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:35 pm Part of me wants them to fail.
Reading a lot of the Threads on here, since the brothers took over, you aren't the only one.
KewBeaver

If they fail - where does that leave the club and the community?
Would someone else stand up and takeover? Would Jacques return?
Tony

Bruno Petruzzo (father) has resigned as a a director of the club. Don’t think this is particularly notable as I think the board is going through a reshape.
Sparky

I absolutely don’t want them to fail. Seen too many clubs spiral towards extinction to want that.
EastTerracer

Fundamentally the brothers seem to be self publicists who want to tell a story of success. Perhaps that is why they are currently quiet. However, when pushing memberships on the basis of bringing fans closer than ever to the club, they should be communicating on a few things (even if only setting out the context of what is going with respect to broader plans):
- Managerial situation
- Fund raising
- Recruitment
- Ground works
Shepperton Supporter

We as supporters, many of us with years experience, all want the club to succeed. In their own way so do the brothers, where things have gone wrong is that they applied certain conditions that were alien to the club’s culture. Many of us have been surprised at the number of fresh appointments and their roles.
We are now in a situation none of us anticipated, where we need clarification on several issues including the manager appointment. It looks like current investors have decided not to invest more and the brothers are looking to get additional investment. The pitch and other work at Beveree looks to have stalled so it is looking like a cut back in expenditure, if so, then where does that lead to player release and recruitment.
We all hope for a swift managerial appointment that we will feel comfortable with, it will immediately indicate the direction of the squad next season.
geedub

I note the first edition of the much-publicised fortnightly club newsletter was sent out on 8 May 2023 (and continued regularly for a couple of months until the pre-season fixtures started to kick in when it became a bit sporadic.) I'm not clear if it was formally abandoned but note that people are still encouraged to sign up for it on the website.

A new edition now would certainly be welcomed now to give supporters a bit more of a steer as to what is going on with the manager (even if just hopes on timescale for the new appointment), players (I guess at least some departures must already be clear now), pitch (plans for any work over the summer?) and perhaps investors (are there talks with any potential new investors ongoing now?). I would have thought some information could be given out to supporters on all of the above without creating problems for ongoing negotiations etc.

Hopefully people involved in the inner workings of the club see this thread and realise that it would be a positive thing, if possible, to put to rest some of the concerns that supporters now have.
Jamie

Regarding the pitch works through the summer, if the current contractor is indeed not being kept on, you would hope an alternative is coming on board.
If not, this could have serious reprecussions.
The National League were sympathetic to the cancelled artificial pitch last year, allowing the first 7 games to be played away, which technically breaches league rules as has to be a fairer run of home/away matches. They could have been harsh and said "failure to fulfil fixtures" awarding wins to the opposition, and fining the club.
If the club doesn't maintain the pitch through the summer, and gets to a similar position for the start of next season, I would very much doubt the National League would be as sympathetic again, and the club could well face harsh sanctions.
Hopefully no news is good news, clubs don't need, and isn't really a reason to do updates on pitch work, so I hope this is just something that is happening in the back ground, and no need to worry.
Adam

Josh2002

Gutted, top player who had a great season, but the full time lure of Eastbourne is too good to turn down. You feel it’s the first of many departures…
Jamie

Adam wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:06 pm https://x.com/ebfc_official/status/1788 ... Am8WRXRGZA
Isaac has signed for Eastbourne.
Adam you used to be able to do a job at full back... you've got a couple of months to get fit for pre season.
Shepperton Supporter

Ref Issac. Regrettable,this,could be the first of,many. Eastbourne are recruiting well.