Changes to next season

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Josh2002

A statement on Dagenham’s website states National League clubs will be allowed to name seven substitutes from next season, and make up to five during a match.

In addition, the Boxing Day and New Year’s Day fixtures will be reversed with games on Good Friday and Easter Monday. See full article below.

https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-NwoNQYXgf8-_xzR7mrY
Shepperton Supporter

This means that the match day squad will be 18! Then allowing for injuries etc. then clubs will need over 20 players! I can see some teams filling their bench with some youngsters!
Tony

As with the Premier League this feels like it favours the richer clubs who can afford a much greater depth in their squad.
Shepperton Supporter

Agree it will help the ex League clubs mainly in the north.
Jamie

This is stupid.
Bringing on 5 subs was done during Covid for obvious reasons.
Being able to change half of your outfield team is stupid, when on the other hand their are moans about too many delays and stoppages spoiling the flow of the game.
Naming 7 subs at non league is beyond ridiculous.
I imagine most at step 2, won't name a full bench, or will include player/coaches type , or youth players.
Not all players are contracted, so by putting more on the bench clubs will have further expenses paying players.

The clubs would have voted on this, I find it crazy that the majority of step 2 clubs would have voted in favour. I wonder how Hampton voted?
BeaverWatcher

National League voting is weighted in favour of the Step 1 clubs, the NLN & NLS don't get the same amount of votes as there are teams so it will be the desires of the Step 1 clubs that get voted through.
Josh2002

Surely this means dugouts will need to be made bigger too?