Beveree

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

I am not sure what the latest position is with.
Pitch - I assume this is not going to happen due to cost?
Floodlights - will happen?
Clubhouse - not sure if planning permission was granted if so go ahead?
No doubt someone will be looking in at the club to report!
Cliffp

I’m going to kick the replies to this post off by saying I don’t expect any of the above will happen.

It seems clear to me that despite all of the talk the brothers haven’t got the money themselves to finance any such work and the statement issued a few weeks ago regarding seeking investment pretty much confirms this.

Additionally they missed an opportunity to cement a play-off place by failing to invest in a squad that had some quite obvious shortcomings.

We are repeatedly told how attendance numbers have grown and a ridiculous statement about EFL status but other than some scaffolding not a lot to show.
Tony

We had a grant for 70% of the floodlights so not sure why we wouldn’t do that. Maybe waiting to tie up some investors who might have a different approach?
Cliffp

Can’t afford the other 30%?
Tony

It was recently announced that Shareholders had converted a £1.4M loan into equity. I can’t see how all of that would have been spent by now.
Shepperton Supporter

To do nothing would seriously damage their standing with supporters. There is cash perhaps they might put some into the budget to raise our profile for more investment?
Shepperton Supporter

It would be good if the club informed supporters what is going on both off and on the pitch. Other clubs manage it. Surely not everything is too secret or undecided?