Heard on the Grapevine........

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Les1949

.......that two Italians have expressed an interest in Udney Park Recreation Ground in Teddington.
HamptonMad

Teddington town fc Les.
KewBeaver

Les1949 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:18 pm .......that two Italians have expressed an interest in Udney Park Recreation Ground in Teddington.
interesting.... source?
Tony

Can't see this having any legs particularly if it has just been bought by a community led bid. You would have to build a brand new stadium from scratch which would cost millions and I can't see local residents wanting an EFL team parked in the midst of a heavily residential area with very limited parking.
Les1949

Tony wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:17 pm Can't see this having any legs particularly if it has just been bought by a community led bid. You would have to build a brand new stadium from scratch which would cost millions and I can't see local residents wanting an EFL team parked in the midst of a heavily residential area with very limited parking.
Totally agree with you, maybe it is a case of 'disperazione', given the recent intrigueing statements made.
Shepperton Supporter

Don’t know how much of this rumour has truth in it, I suspect not much, as had been pointed out it would require a lot of money and multiple residents objections.
If the thinking is a new ground then the old water board ground at the end of Oldfield road would be better. Has football pitches. Would attract less residents objections, remains in Hampton, better access enough room for a couple of pitches. Still it is a very expensive project.
RogerB

When these rumours first surfaced around New Year, I'd imagined that they referred, not to the old MWB ground, but rather to the area to the west of the alley between Oldfield Rd and Upper Sunbury Rd, including the Hampton end of the disused Kempton Park straight. That would be away from a residential area and have direct access to a main road. No doubt prohibitively expensive though!
Shepperton Supporter

RogerB wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:40 pm When these rumours first surfaced around New Year, I'd imagined that they referred, not to the old MWB ground, but rather to the area to the west of the alley between Oldfield Rd and Upper Sunbury Rd, including the Hampton end of the disused Kempton Park straight. That would be away from a residential area and have direct access to a main road. No doubt prohibitively expensive though!
This is the area I was thinking about it extends up to the railway line ? But probably very expensive as has been pointed out.
KewBeaver

it would be good to know where this story has come from.
Shepperton Supporter

KewBeaver wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:55 pm it would be good to know where this story has come from.
Agree if this is known then a measure of credibility can be given.