Welling here on Tuesday

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Tony

Respect the point. We faded badly in the second half but for all the corners conceded, Debois didn’t have to do too much. We managed only a couple of efforts ourselves. Looks like Bloomfield injured yet again.Apart from our very well worked goal very little to get excited about.
TW10

Neither team did enough to win. Gibson-Hammond looked bright and sharp, just looks like a very good footballer, he surely has to start..Generally we lacked composure with too many long hopeful balls, pretty pointless especially when Bloomfield went off. Not a bad point though especially considering the performance.
Shepperton Supporter

We might have to wait to see how bad Bloomfield is injured, he has missed a lot of games due to this. I have not checked, but I seem to remember he missed a number of games through injury with Farnborough last season.
Think the transfer deadline in at the end of the month, wonder if Mel might consider any activity to help ensure a playoff place?
Tony

Mel said Bloomfield felt his knee and was taken off as a precaution. Could be ok for Saturday.
GRTourist

Josh2002 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:54 pm Finished 1–1, not a game that will live long in the memory, a poor goal to give away in the first half before Jake Gray grabbed a well worked equaliser. Second half was a bit of a non event, but i’ll take a point against a side in good form and much better than their league position suggests.
Agree - point against Welling a decent result given their improvement since Stringer came in.
tones

After last's nights draw Hampton are 4th in the league, Welling are 16th. Hampton had home advantage last night. Hampton are going for promotion. Why are we pleased with one point rather than three. Either we want to do well or we don't. If the team's not up to it change the team as their still time to do it and secure promotion to the National League!
BevereeMaster

Not enough set pieces to save us unfortunately
Tony

I think we are pleased with one point as it could easily have been none. Welling side has changed a fair bit since they changed their manager so 16th not a reflection of their current form.
Shepperton Supporter

Their recent form includes a win at Yeovil . As has been pointed out, their league position is false on current form.
HamptonMad

Att 519