Welling here on Tuesday

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
DanielNotley

Get 3 points tomorrow and if we win on Saturday and Yeovil loses and we pick up another 3 points would make things really interesting!

Saturday March 23rd

We are away to Torquay and believe will get 3 points
Yeovil away to Braintree (even though I hate Essex think Braintree will win)

Friday March 29th

We are home to Tonbridge 3 points is achievable
Yeovil home to Torquay with local rivalry and Torquay fighting for their life's probably a draw but who knows?

So in the next 3 games it's possible to pick up maximum points which would bring us to 75 points and I can see Yeovil getting 1 point with the draw with Torquay thus 81 points, makes things interesting...

However would settle for playoffs but Yeovil form has dipped and we have not been playing well, so thoughts please?
tones

Rather than thinking about catching Yeovil we should realize that Hampton are not playing particularly well. Too many last minutes goals and penalties have helped the cause. With no clear idea of our best team we may be found out over the rest of the season and end up outside the play-off places.
Josh2002

Talk about putting a downer on things…
Whoryer

Everything tones posts is always negative about the club
DanielNotley

tones wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:11 pm Rather than thinking about catching Yeovil we should realize that Hampton are not playing particularly well. Too many last minutes goals and penalties have helped the cause. With no clear idea of our best team we may be found out over the rest of the season and end up outside the play-off places.
Maybe not playing our best means Lady Luck is smiling at us, and maybe Mel does have an idea on whom his best team is but not playing the formation at the moment due to not needing to until the time is right!
Josh2002

Whoryer wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:38 pm Everything tones posts is always negative about the club
Glad i’m not the only one that’s noticed this.
tones

I have found it is better to be a pessimist rather than an optimist where football is concerned. It saves a lot of heartache and false hopes in the end. Still this is a forum for everyone's views. Isn't it!
HamptonMad

Arsenal invincibles went the whole season unbeaten winning by the odd goal and not playing well all the time. 3 more points tonight and take each game as it comes. Champions league here we come.
Mucky knees

A couple of seasons ago Hanworth Villa won their league without losing a game

MK
Josh2002

tones wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:38 am I have found it is better to be a pessimist rather than an optimist where football is concerned. It saves a lot of heartache and false hopes in the end. Still this is a forum for everyone's views. Isn't it!
That i can agree with, would be boring if we all had the same views after all!
Josh2002

Finished 1–1, not a game that will live long in the memory, a poor goal to give away in the first half before Jake Gray grabbed a well worked equaliser. Second half was a bit of a non event, but i’ll take a point against a side in good form and much better than their league position suggests.