Welling here on Tuesday

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Mucky knees

I notice that online concession tickets 🎟 for tomorrow's Welling match are the same cost as adult tickets namely £12. Surely that can't be right unless I'm missing something here???

MK
Les1949

Mucky knees wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:20 am I notice that online concession tickets 🎟 for tomorrow's Welling match are the same cost as adult tickets namely £12. Surely that can't be right unless I'm missing something here???

MK
It was only Adult tickets that were reduced, no others. Maybe you should ask a club official about it.
Shepperton Supporter

This is likely to be a very tough game, since Stringer came in as manager there has been a noticeable up lift in their results culminating in a win at Yeovil. We have just had two wins at home with last minute winners , but our overall play has not been that convincing. Depending on availability , we would hope for some changes in the lineup. From his substitutions Mel is not happy with the midfield balance and many comments on this forum have echoed this. It might be that Gibson-Hammond might get a starting role instead of Donaldson who has been brought off recently.
A draw might be our best result.
HamptonMad

Come on Shep a draw. We are winners man. 2.0 win for Hampton. Come on lets get behind the team and give them our full support. Not hope for a draw.
TW10

I agree Gibson-Hammond should start.. i rate Donaldson as a left back but just think he carries very little threat as a wide forward player..
Tony

Raining until around 5pm today so wonder if a pitch inspection is required. Welling definitely turned a corner under their new manager and having done the double over Yeovil this is not the home banker it might have been a couple of months ago.
Shepperton Supporter

Would agree with Tony’s comments, this will be a difficult game against a team that has found good form in recent weeks.
With this rain it might be that a pitch inspection might be required. Keep our eyes on the club’s website.
Whoryer

Pitch inspection at 3.00
geedub

Called off already - pushed back to next Tuesday 19th
Shepperton Supporter

geedub wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:57 am Called off already - pushed back to next Tuesday 19th
Subject to league approval.

Not surprised given the weather, club must have got an early decision so as to minimise disruption and cost.
HamptonMad

Soft . Heavy in one place with puddles. You need to fix the drainedge in this part of pitch.