Squad changes?

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

Looking on the squad it appear we have taken on another keeper Aymen Azaze who has been at Barnet and trained under Mel, whilst George Nunn is missing so presume has left, consequently we will need another striker as any injury to Seymour or Bloomfield will leave us light in this area. It would also help to push for a playoff spot.
EastTerracer

George Nunn was at the game on Monday but wouldn't be surprised to see him go.
Josh2002

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:28 pm Looking on the squad it appear we have taken on another keeper Aymen Azaze who has been at Barnet and trained under Mel, whilst George Nunn is missing so presume has left, consequently we will need another striker as any injury to Seymour or Bloomfield will leave us light in this area. It would also help to push for a playoff spot.
His loan was only until January 1st, so will be heading back to Derby.
Shepperton Supporter

Personally I would like to see a more permanent replacement, one with some experience of playing at our level and above. He would provide cover and allow rotation for them. It would further emphasise our playoff aspirations.
Tony

In the limited time I saw Nunn, I thought he was not up to this level by quite a long way. Hope for something better and more permanent. Regarding the keeper situation, what is the position with Alan Julian? Last I heard he was close to fitness a few weeks back. I really can't see him displacing Debois unless he picks up an injury.
Last edited by Tony on Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TW10

Dubois is playing brilliantly but some cover is obviously needed. Up front Bloomfield and Seymour have also been great but we currently only have Whittingham as striker cover and i actually see him more of an attacking midfielder. I’m. sure we will be looking for cover in that area.
Shepperton Supporter

Azaze has played 19 games for Barnet and has just turned 22 year old. He would be a good cover for Desbois. As for Julian, he is nearing fitness, but as he has stated that this is his last season, Mel is looking towards the future. It would not surprise me if Alan Julian is around in some coaching capacity in the future.
As for striker cover, it seems that most folk consider it a position that needs attention. Would agree that Whittington is better suited as an attacking midfielder.
Josh2002

Inman is back in the UK now, probably won't be thrown straight back in though.
TW3 Beaver

Josh2002 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:34 pm Inman is back in the UK now, probably won't be thrown straight back in though.
Certainly not at Braintree, but probably on the bench at Hartlepool.
Les1949

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:01 pm Azaze has played 19 games for Barnet and has just turned 22 year old. He would be a good cover for Desbois. As for Julian, he is nearing fitness, but as he has stated that this is his last season, Mel is looking towards the future. It would not surprise me if Alan Julian is around in some coaching capacity in the future.
As for striker cover, it seems that most folk consider it a position that needs attention. Would agree that Whittington is better suited as an attacking midfielder.
Azaze made his first team debut at Rayners Lane in the MSC loss.
HamptonMad

TW10 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:45 pm Dubois is playing brilliantly but some cover is obviously needed. Up front Bloomfield and Seymour have also been great but we currently only have Whittingham as striker cover and i actually see him more of an attacking midfielder. I’m. sure we will be looking for cover in that area.
Not sure Dubois will be here next season. The Portsmouth scout sat next to me was raving about him on Monday v Slough.
Shepperton Supporter

Our young players are going to attract interest particularly when we are successful. Hopefully we will put them on contract to ensure they don’t leave for nothing.