12 Months on.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
TW3 Beaver

Very interesting interview with Rafa and Stefano.

https://youtu.be/GHwifpX0jfE?si=2O4V71CqcELNtnun
Shepperton Supporter

Agree a very interesting interview. Comments about the pitch and lights and their costs as well as permissions regarding them gave a greater depth to the arguments.
As for ambitious, great , but to progress Beveree and its limited access might become a problem but that for the future!
Riding on Ted Lasso might have have helped with American investors!
TW3 Beaver

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:49 am Agree a very interesting interview. Comments about the pitch and lights and their costs as well as permissions regarding them gave a greater depth to the arguments.
As for ambitious, great , but to progress Beveree and its limited access might become a problem but that for the future!
Riding on Ted Lasso might have have helped with American investors!
The interviewer didn't broach the subject of possibly moving away from Beveree, which if they have the ambitions of National League, EFL may well need to happen.
As you say Shep access will be a problem.
KewBeaver

How did the club nearly miss the January payroll? It sounds quite alarming!
TW3 Beaver

KewBeaver wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:38 pm How did the club nearly miss the January payroll? It sounds quite alarming!
Not enough money I guess.
Shepperton Supporter

I think most folk understand that access is going to be the problem and that there appears to be little that can be done to alter it.
To fulfil this we would need to move , assuming we want to stay in Hampton, then suitable space is rare, the only one I can think of is the old waterboard ground down Oldfield Road. There is enough space for a couple of pitches, plus spectator and parking facilities. Direct access to the A308, plus additional entry from other parts.
Tony

Interesting rowing back on the 3G pitch idea and maybe putting investment elsewhere. Personally very happy if we keep the grass pitch.
HamptonMad

Tony wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:52 pm Interesting rowing back on the 3G pitch idea and maybe putting investment elsewhere. Personally very happy if we keep the grass pitch.
Will need a grass pitch for EFL.
Shepperton Supporter

Will need a grass pitch for EFL.
[/quote]

This is why Sutton had to replace their 3G pitch when they got into the EFL.
Perhaps this is the reason for the change of plan as it could be a wasted investment when you hear of the brothers ‘ plans?
Tony

Sounded to me that it was more to do with the total cost and a restriction on the number of useable hours which might be making the payback unattractive.
KewBeaver

They give credit to Phil W and the trust for saving the club in January.
Fair play and well done the trust!
TW10

The concern for me is the mention of EFL, championship, premiership and champions league!! ....it is delusional. EFL at absolute stretch because the likes of Sutton and Harrogate and Salford have achieved it but that would take a near miracle and a new stadium being built to make it happen. My concern is when this "ambition" to make the EFL and beyond is proving to be harder than the owners & investors imagined and progress isn't linear then what happens?...don't get me wrong I am delighted with the progress made and the team Mel has assembled, many of whom he inherited and the rest brought from around this level or below (so not paying crazy money for success) and the improvement in crowds in incredible. So I am definitely enjoying the journey but you just wonder what the staying power is of the brothers and the investors when things get really tough...and the truth is they probably yet don't know themselves.