Slough away.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Tony

Correction, one from Seymour and Bloomfield with the third
Big Rich

Amazing comeback! Up the Beavers!
Big Rich

Big Rich wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:59 pm Amazing comeback! Up the Beavers!
Spoke too soon. Sorry. 3-3.
I’ll start the club car…
Tony

We were down to 10 men having used all subs and they equalised 90+8! Still unbeaten run preserved.
HamptonMad

Big Rich wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:04 pm
I’ll start the club car…
Yes start The Club car Big Rich. Lets get out of here..
TW3 Beaver

Would have taken a point at 1 O'Clock, and certainly with half an hour to go.
Slightly disappointed to concede so late, when we were down to ten men, but still a great point, and the unbeaten run goes on.
Slough must be disappointed with a crowd of 1,008, for a game between the two form teams in the National League South.
Shepperton Supporter

From what I read it would seem no Fernandez plus Inman weakened the central defence initially . Great fight back in the second half and a win only denied in injury time when we were down to ten men.
This team does not give up and Mel knows how to get the best out of his players.
Big Rich

HamptonMad wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:24 pm
Big Rich wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:04 pm
I’ll start the club car…
Yes start The Club car Big Rich. Lets get out of here..
Good tomato soup at Slough, with some salty croutons.
BeaverWatcher

At the start of the game I was saying that I'd be happy with a point as Slough have a long unbeaten home run, at half time I'd have snapped your hand off for one, at Full Time it felt like 2 points lost! Football eh!

Good turnaround in the second half with Mel making some tweaks at half time that really paid dividends. It wasn't that we were bad in the first half but it wasn't clicking going forward and we made mistakes which assisted Slough in both their goals. That said we should have had a penalty in the first half when Ben was chopped down in the box and the ref missed the most blatant hand ball in the second half, however Slough had a shout denied for what looked a fairly strong claim as well.

Realistically everyone is competing for the play offs and home advantage all the way through, I can't see any team making up 10 points on Yeovil at this point, it would take a fairly spectacular collapse from them to bring them back in to range. All we can do is keep winning and then see what happens. Behind us there is a similar gap down to 12th so that shows how tight it is in that race so it's important we keep our good run going to pull away from the pack of chasing teams.

Hopefully we can kick off 2024 with a win!
Shepperton Supporter

Their manager gave an interesting interview where he stated that we are a good team, thought Seymour and Bloomfield were difficult with contrasting attributes, he felt his team should have been out of sight by half time , but in the end relieved they got a point. They might have a stronger team for the return fixture which again will be difficult.
What’s the situation with Fernandez? Without Inman as well we were missing our first choice central defence.
TW3 Beaver

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:58 am Their manager gave an interesting interview where he stated that we are a good team, thought Seymour and Bloomfield were difficult with contrasting attributes, he felt his team should have been out of sight by half time , but in the end relieved they got a point.
Pretty fair summary.
Shepperton Supporter

Just watched the highlights, as feared we got caught out by the bounce of the ball and the lack of experience and aerial domination we usually have. Did I see right that Deadfied ended up in central defence, might have been the reason for his facial injury?