Squad numbers

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

Will the club continue with squad numbers next season or will we revert to the traditional system?
Jamie

Hope it goes back to traditional.
Absolutely no point having squad numbers unless players actually keep the same number every game.
It also makes the match reports and record keeping inaccurate as the Pitchero website template doesn't allow it to be recorded accurately.
RogerB

I assumed it was for Covid reasons, so that each player could keep the same kit all season. And yes, Jamie, the squad numbers were the same throughout the season. As Covid is still very much around, it would seem sensible to continue with squad numbers this coming season.
GRTourist

Jamie wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:47 pm Hope it goes back to traditional.
Absolutely no point having squad numbers unless players actually keep the same number every game.
It also makes the match reports and record keeping inaccurate as the Pitchero website template doesn't allow it to be recorded accurately.
They did last season didn't they? With the exception of the youngsters from the Academy (David Amate, Joe Wotton etc) the players kept their squad numbers all season.
Jamie

Not all the players kept the same number, I remember one player moved from I think 14 to 11, when the number 11 left or went out on loan.
Couple of other times saw it happen too.

think if have squad numbers, may as well put their names on too.

Shirts at end of season can be given to the person who sponsored them for the season... or auctioned off to raise money for the new kit, and keepsake for supporters.