Yeovil away

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
KewBeaver

It is pleasing to see the club offering a coach to Yeovil on the 16th.
Lets hope there are more trips planned with the promotion push.

But does £30 for the coach for U16 seem too steep?
Maybe one for the Trust chairman to raise with the board?
Tony

I was talking to the Trust only a couple of days ago about supporters' coaches. The cost of hiring a coach to Yeovil and back is pretty eye watering these days and at £30 you would need to fill every seat (assuming 50 seater or thereabouts) just to cover the cost. So anything less or go half full, then someone is having to absorb the cost, club or Trust. The new Trust board may deem this something worth doing but historically the take up has not really justified the subsidy. having said that the game is probably a championship decider.
Les1949

As Tony points out, even at £30, every seat has to be filled in order to meet the hire cost.
Couple of points come to mind...

1) The Club may be fully aware that not every seat will be taken and are willing to absorb the cost.

2) The election for the newTrust Board only took place on Monday evening and I would suggest that they have not yet met formally to decide who does what.

3) As of 7pm, prior to the AGM, the Trust Chairman was Phil Weller, who did have contact with the Club on a daily basis, so perhaps may have been privy to the club's decision. Phil remains part of the new Trust Board.
BeaverWatcher

Rest assured that away travel for supporters is very much on the agenda for when the new board meet up at the start of December. It will be something we are looking at to get as many supporters to away games as possible to get behind Mel and the team.
KewBeaver

Thanks for the replies.
Maybe the club can give a free match ticket to the U16s who travel by coach to ease the overall cost especially in the run up to Christmas.
BevereeMaster

BeaverWatcher wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:18 pm Rest assured that away travel for supporters is very much on the agenda for when the new board meet up at the start of December. It will be something we are looking at to get as many supporters to away games as possible to get behind Mel and the team.
Create a season pass for travel to away games and then have slightly more expensive price for people who want to buy tickets for certain games.
HamptonMad

Yes The Car will leave Broad lane at 9am for Yeovil match. Will need to find a charging point to get us home.
Last edited by HamptonMad on Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
RogerSW

Someone sent me this. Is this real or satire?
Attachments
IMG-20231124-WA0009.jpg
Les1949

RogerSW wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:04 am Someone sent me this. Is this real or satire?
Apparently it is on Instagram
BeaverWatcher

It is from the brothers Instagram account if genuine...
TW3 Beaver

Seems fair enough.

They have been good enough to lay on a coach, the least the supporters can do is support it.
KewBeaver

Very poor wording from the owner. It could have been written in a much non-direct way.
And I doubt there will be many away games where there will be demand for a coach.