Beavers Trust AGM

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
RogerB

Did anyone manage to get through on Zoom? All I got was “Waiting for host to start the meeting”.
Tony

I was there but plenty of people joined on Zoom. Email with the election results coming out tomorrow.
GRTourist

RogerB wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:07 pm Did anyone manage to get through on Zoom? All I got was “Waiting for host to start the meeting”.
I joined on Zoom. It worked OK for me, though I missed the election results annoyingly (my own fault, not theirs).
BeaverWatcher

Election results below as per email received from the FSA.

There were 102 votes cast from a current membership of 159 meaning that there was a 64.1% turnout.

Total votes were:

Stefan Rance - 79
Ben Harrison-Hyde - 78
Iain MacKinnon - 72
Chris Hurst - 69
James Dean - 66
Curtis Higgins - 58
David Rees - 57
Matt Williams - 56
Stuart Moore - 53
Phil Weller - 48
Danny Collins - 47
Nick Taylor - 44
Alistair Bruce - 44
Clive Russell - 29
Jamie Marler - 19

Therefore, Stefan Rance, Ben Harrison-Hyde, Iain MacKinnon and Chris Hurst were elected for three years, James Dean, Curtis Higgins and David Rees were elected for two years and Matt Williams, Stuart Moore and Phil Weller were elected for one year.
RogerB

Congratulations and good luck to the ten who will form the new Trust board.
Disappointing that a third of the Trust membership did not vote.
How will the result affect the position I believe Phil Weller has on the Football Club board? He only scraped in by one vote onto the Trust board so may no longer be best placed to represent the Trust with the Club management.
Tony

That will be for the new board to decide. I would imagine there will be a change of chairman, treasurer and Secretary and a period whilst the new directors familiarise themselves with the role and responsibilities. The reaction of the club will be very interesting.
Shepperton Supporter

Does the seat on the board for the Trust automatic or is it a courtesy seat?
RogerSW

Congratulations to all elected and commiserations to those not elected this time.

I hope all can play a positive role, whatever the position and behaviour of the Club towards the Supporters Trust.

As seen across the country and supported by the government and all political parties, Supporter Trusts play a very beneficial role in clubs in both normal times and crises.

The HRBFC Supporters Trust represents supporters' and volunteers' involvement over the decades, and will continue to do so in the years and decades to come, representing the best of our beautiful and welcoming local community.

A big thanks to all the board members, volunteers and employees who put in huge efforts up to the recent takeover - the ST have a very good name with the local community, councillors and council due to things like being good custodians of the Beveree Wildlike Site around the top pitch, providing crucial mobile foodbank deliveries during the pandemic, bringing in money, doing the kit sponsorship, programmes, helping with planning permissions, tirelessly maintaining and enhancing the Bev, and being welcoming faces to all at the Bev - you all know who you are :)

Working with the Club board and directors over the years, we wouldn't be in the NLS without all this work.

Football clubs are more than businesses with investors and customers.

I hope the Club and ST appreciate all this, and work hard to maintain our good name - building trust is hard to do, and so easy to lose.

Best wishes to all.
Last edited by RogerSW on Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GRTourist

RogerSW wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:57 pm Congratulations to all elected and commiserations to those not elected this time.

I hope all can play a positive role, whatever the position and behaviour of the Club towards the Supporters Trust.

As seen across the country and supported by the government and all political parties, Supporter Trusts play a very beneficial role in clubs in both normal times and crises.

The HRBFC Supporters Trust represents supporters' and volunteers' involvement over the decades, and will continue to do so in the years and decades to come, representing the best of our beautiful and welcoming local community.

A big thanks to all the board members, volunteers and employees who put in huge efforts up to the recent takeover - the ST have a very good name with the local community, councillors and council due to things like being good custodians of the Beveree Wildlike Site around the top pitch, providing crucial mobile foodbank deliveries during the pandemic, and being welcoming faces to all at the Bev - you all know who you are :)

Football clubs are more than businesses with investors and customers.

I hope the Club and ST appreciate all this, and work hard to maintain our good name - building trust is hard to do, and so easy to lose.

Best wishes to all.
Well said. I'd particularly echo thanks for how much work I know the board members have put in across the last 18 months with the change of ownership.
Jamie

Firstly, thank you to everyone who voted for me. It would have been nice for candidates to speak at the meeting, as I think that is far better than putting across a written statement, and gives a better feel for people.
I didn't expect as many people to stand, but glad they did.
I am really happy to see so many long standing supporters get elected, a good few I have known for over 20 years and are really good people, and remain active going to the majority of games.
With me living away from the area now and not getting to as many games as I would like, it makes sense those other got places on the board.
I think these people can really inject fresh passion into the Trust going forward, and they have my full support.
The rest of us should look to support anything they look to bring in, and look to grow the membership further and show how important supporters are to a club.
Congratulations to those who were elected!
Lord Elpus

Well said Roger and Jamie, couldn't agree more.