Those Were The Days; 17th November 1979

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Les1949

THOSE WERE THE DAYS
17th November 1979
Isthmian (Berger Paints) League Division 1
Wembley 1 Hampton 3
Bissett, Grout, Tunesi

Chris Chapman; Peter Bartlett, Dave Wright, Alec MacFarlane, Billy Smith, Phil Caulfield, Perry Tunesi, Steve Jackson, Eugene Bissett, Clive Grout, Paul Rulton.
Sub; B Duke

Hampton completed a league double over Wembley at Vale Farm (having won the home fixture, 3-2). Hampton dominated the first 45 minutes of a re-shuffled Wembley side. Jackson and Grout both went close from distance as the Wembley defence were forced onto the back foot. Five minutes before half time Bissett seized on a partial clearance to hit a 25 yarder into the top left-hand corner. Ten minutes into the second half Grout took advantage of a goalmouth scramble to put Hampton 2-0 up. Wembley finally got into the game when Ford executed an overhead kick that left Chapman rooted to the spot. Hampton made the game secure when a defensive error allowed Tunesi to run through and hammer the ball past keeper Sambridge.

The Old Historian
RogerSW

It's great reading these Les, invaluable treasure trove of our club's history.
Lord Elpus

Yes, they're great and I especially really enjoy reading the ones from when I started going, i.e. 1980 onwards, but all are interesting.