Yeovil

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Big Rich

Tony wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:44 pm
Big Rich wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:37 pm We stay in the relegation zone.

What was the attendance? Did I miss the announcement?
1,269 I believe.
Thanks Tony.
EastTerracer

Gwinnett’s Minutes 'Yeovil deserved to sneak it'

I think Mel watched a different game to me.
Shepperton Supporter

Perhaps this game yet again illustrated our weakness in certain areas. Their second goal should have.been prevented. The penalty came too late to help us. Yeovil have three experienced central strikers, in contrast to us . High long balls to Seymour will come back as he is surrounded by big defenders whilst for a big man, Bloomfield is not that effective in the air and at times struggles to hold the ball up to play his striker partner through..
Meanwhile we remain in the relegation zone . Just wonder how long before action will be needed.
Tony

Mel really isn’t doing himself any favours in his post match comments.To say we were were a real threat in the second half is just trying to put a brave face on a game that was largely over at half time. Only the first sending off gave a glimmer of hope and even then we hardly mustered any shots until late on. What is the position with Rob Hall? He barely gets on the pitch but is clearly a very talented player. Is he carrying a long term injury and needs careful managing of minutes? I was hopeful that he would be a key player for us this season but doesn’t look like that will be the case.
Lord Elpus

Tony wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:02 pm Mel really isn’t doing himself any favours in his post match comments.
I know he has to stay relentlessly positive but come on...if we lose to Lewes next week I wonder if questions might start to be asked.
TW10

Mel i'm afraid isn't seeing the game the way most fans do..we carried no threat for the majority of the game and the long high ball just doesn't work to Bloomfield in the way it did to Clifton last season..I do think Seymour is sharp and could carry a goal threat but cuts a frustrated figure in the way we are playing..by setting up across the midfield as we did we clearly set out to stifle and not create and I agree re Hall, he is clearly one of our few creative players (who has played at a higher level), is he carrying an injury? If not he surely should be starting if we intend to win games. Yeovil are strong and didn't really need to get out of first gear in the first half to be 2 up. Their manager probably cant believe they finished the game with 9 men either.
BeaverWatcher

Have to agree with the points already made. We continue to look pedestrian for most of the game and don't carry a real threat. We are crying out for a bit of physicality out there. Mel's post game comments are making me think that I must not be seeing something as it's at odds with how I, and others around me, view the games.
tones

Once again Hampton's season is disappearing down the drain and we aren't even in October. What is wrong with the the team selection and tactics for us to be so poor. If you don't score you don't win. Someone needs to get a grip on the situation.
ExRef

Who was the Hampton player re-carded after the final whistle (according to Yeovil’s match report) ?
Alphawave

ExRef wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:37 pm Who was the Hampton player re-carded after the final whistle (according to Yeovil’s match report) ?
Jordan Thomas I think got a red card after stoppage time. He was going nuts.
ExRef

Was Jordan aggrieved about the non-award of a late penalty claim? I didn’t see the incident but we cannot afford to lose key players to suspensions.