Yeovil

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Jamie

EastTerracer wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:16 pm
Jamie wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:51 pm Is there someone now in charge of this sort of thing, as I heard the guy who replaced him has since left.
The ex-SAS man probably has it covered.
Haha, I was thinking that too.
Guy frisking people on the way in in camo and maybe he can help with the free face paining, only green and black colours allowed.
Big Rich

HamptonMad wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:18 pm Have they fixed the Flood lights yet Big Rich.
No. Just don’t turn them on too early.

Dowse took the replacement bulbs to Dartford. They don’t even fit their floodlights!
HamptonMad

Big Rich wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:06 pm
HamptonMad wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:18 pm Have they fixed the Flood lights yet Big Rich.
No. Just don’t turn them on too early.

Dowse took the replacement bulbs to Dartford. They don’t even fit their floodlights!
Well there is still 3 bulbs in the boot of The Club Car. They are signed by Dowson. Yes wonder if floodlight timer has been reset.
HamptonMad

2.0 to Yeovil there different class.
shaunden

Let's hope Dunne and Ru are not on for long
Lord Elpus

Yeovil do look like they don't belong in this league. However I thought we were putting up a fairly valiant effort until they scored their first goal, which was a fabulous shot. But in all honesty since then they have gone up yet another gear and it really does portray just where we really are. It's going to take a bit of a miracle to get anything out of this game.
Mucky knees

Lord Elpus wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:58 pm Yeovil do look like they don't belong in this league. However I thought we were putting up a fairly valiant effort until they scored their first goal, which was a fabulous shot. But in all honesty since then they have gone up yet another gear and it really does portray just where we really are. It's going to take a bit of a miracle to get anything out of this game.
Yeovil did begger all in the second half!!!

MK
Lord Elpus

Mucky knees wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:05 pm
Lord Elpus wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:58 pm Yeovil do look like they don't belong in this league. However I thought we were putting up a fairly valiant effort until they scored their first goal, which was a fabulous shot. But in all honesty since then they have gone up yet another gear and it really does portray just where we really are. It's going to take a bit of a miracle to get anything out of this game.
Yeovil did begger all in the second half!!!

MK
They didn't need to. They knew we didn't pose much of a threat up front and realised they just needed to stifle us.
Big Rich

We stay in the relegation zone.

What was the attendance? Did I miss the announcement?
Tony

I didn’t think Yeovil were that much better than us in the first 30 mins with neither side creating much in the way of good chances. Yeovil had more possession and our only half chance was a misdirected header from Bloomfield. Our limitations going forward remained apparent with poor passing and lack of pace and width. Consequently everything went through the middle and was easily dealt with by the Yeovil defence. Nothing we could do about their first goal but we should perhaps have done better on their second with three defenders around the ball. I felt that pretty much killed off the game as a competition as Yeovil could afford to sit back in the second half and pick us off on the counter. However, their first sending off gave us 20 mins plus added time to see if we could press home the man advantage. It took until added time to force a penalty from a handball which also resulted in a second red. Seymour converted but we had already run out of time.
Tony

Big Rich wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:37 pm We stay in the relegation zone.

What was the attendance? Did I miss the announcement?
1,269 I believe.
Lord Elpus

Yeovil's keeper didn't have to make a proper save until about the 85th minute.