Those Were The Days; 12th September 1998

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Les1949

THOSE WERE THE DAYS
September 12th 1998
Isthmian (Ryman) League Premier Division

Carshalton Athletic 2 Hampton 4 Att; 292
Hippolyte 2, Croxford, Savage

Mark Russell; Peter Wood, Nick Burton, Steve Croxford, Jamie Beer (Warren Drew, 67), Dave Stephenson, Jason Brown, Ian Savage, Johnson Hippolyte, Robin Lewis (Matt Miller, 67), Francis Vines (Andy Gray,67).

2-0 down with 17 minutes to go, Hampton staged a remarkable comeback to snatch a win from under the noses of the ‘Robins’. A triple substitution in the 67th minute changed the course of the game. Ex-Beaver, Richard Newbery had scored in the 38th minute, and in the 57th minute Kevin Smith seemed have given the home side the win. However, Hampton fought back. Croxford stabbed home Brown’s cross in the 73rd minute, Brown also set up the second, Hippolyte getting on the end of a through ball in the 77th minute. Savage and Hippolyte both scored in the final minute to completely turn the game on its head.

The Old Historian
TW3 Beaver

I feel a new thread coming on.

Greatest comebacks.
Jamie

I'm sure I was at this game, a few of us getting the train over.
Carshalton had a guy behind one goal selling vintage football shirts, they'd be worth 10 times what he was selling them for then.
I think his website was called "Football Not Muggybonehead" or something close, anyone remember him?
Jamie

Big Rich wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:45 pm http://www.footballnotmuggybonehead.com/
Yeah I looked it up too, not sure it's still active,
I just wondered if anyone remember the guy, or knew him.