FA Cup

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
TW3 Beaver

https://www.thefa.com/competitions/thef ... ing-rounds

I would think that we could be drawn against anyone from the winners of Matches 33 - 65, apart from ourselves of course, before some clever clogs mentions it.

Not sure how regionalised the draw is.
Adam

5th game I’ve seen now. My conclusion is we are a ‘nice’ team. We are not winners. This I feel comes from the message that Mel sets out. Really feel that we are missing some hunger in the side and regarding positional lacking, a physical midfielder.
Tony

10 games into the new season, 3 wins, 3 draws and 4 defeats. Not the start anyone would have hoped for and whilst not by any means a disaster, we have not seen anything so far that suggests we will be up there challenging in the league. It will be interesting to see if Mel looks to strengthen the squad short term particularly in midfield where we have looked lightweight all season. With lots of investment off the pitch we could do with some on it as well. Yeovil will be good test of where we are right now. A win will do a lot for confidence.
HamptonMad

Chesham away for me.
tones

Seems as though we wasted another close season in not getting the right players in. Thought from all the hot air earlier we had put a good team together. Wonder how long it will be before the fans start voting with their feet!
HamptonMad

tones wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:34 pm Seems as though we wasted another close season in not getting the right players in. Thought from all the hot air earlier we had put a good team together. Wonder how long it will be before the fans start voting with their feet!
At £19 a match it won't be long.
Shepperton Supporter

None of us including, I suspect, Mel and the owners would be that happy with the start. Some of the criticism is justified as certain themes were most likely to occur given the retention of most of the previous season squad .Granted some weaknesses were addressed but not in midfield where there seems to be the most adverse level of comment since the season started.
We are now at a point where investment in the squad would seem what most folk, including myself is required. It is now more difficult, we might avail ourselves of some loans and there might be some business to be done with clubs having to adjust their budgets.
Time will tell.
Lord Elpus

I just bet we get Gary McCann's Billericay away in the next round...
HamptonMad

Well it wont be Dartford . Dowson has just lost his 4th game on the trot. He must be close to the sack soon.
Shepperton Supporter

Havant lost to Bracknell, so Steve King has his work cut out. Expect some changes before we go there which might be a difficult trip.
Adam

TW3 Beaver wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:51 pm https://www.thefa.com/competitions/thef ... ing-rounds

I would think that we could be drawn against anyone from the winners of Matches 33 - 65, apart from ourselves of course, before some clever clogs mentions it.

Not sure how regionalised the draw is.
So going by the non league matters forum. Last season Q3 went down to 3 zones. Looks like a Northern one, a midlands one and a southern one. So probably anyone from 33 to 80 going by that.
Adam

We are away to Lewes