Weymouth home on Tuesday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Big Rich

Only match shirts in the shop - no other merch.
Same old floodlights.
Weird new beaver logo everywhere.
Otherwise very smart. The pitch looks great.
Big Rich

Same frightening electrical buzzing from the floodlight junction boxes. 😂
TW10

Why has the pitch been made smaller?? it is a small pitch anyway?
Big Rich

0-0 at half time. Two very average sides.
Floodlights have now gone off just before the second half. Deary me.
Big Rich

TW10 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:42 pm Why has the pitch been made smaller?? it is a small pitch anyway?
I think perhaps a bit shorter yes, but it looks like the same width.
Big Rich

Big Rich wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:51 pm 0-0 at half time. Two very average sides.
Floodlights have now gone off just before the second half. Deary me.
During the failure the new pitch-side emergency lighting hasn’t come on. Good grief. Start the club car.
Big Rich

And the floodlights go again on 67 minutes!
HamptonLifer5

Ben Seymour with the winning penalty after Handball. As the players started walking off, the floodlights went off again. Couldn't make it up!!!
TW10

Why did Mel tell the players to smash it long to Seymour to stand no chance against big defenders when we are playing on a carpet after insisting on a passing game last season on a mud heap??,. very very strange and made for a poor spectacle. Got out of jail with that pen.
Tony

An important win given recent results but not much of a performance I’m afraid. When Mel took over last season he introduced a more attractive passing game but we seem to have reverted to hoofing it up the pitch at every opportunity and to one of the smallest players on the pitch. Felt sorry for Seymour who never shied away from his task and he got his reward with a well taken penalty very late on. The floodlight failure was clearly farcical and we were fortunate not to see the lights go out again before we finished as I doubt the Weymouth manager would have agreed a third restart.
EastTerracer

Lucky to get the three points. The long ball approach to Seymour clearly doesn't work and was very frustrating to watch. The pitch looked good, if only we had kept the ball on it.

The much touted new electrical system did not cover itself in glory.
Shepperton Supporter

Thought we were marginally better up front with Bloomfield to help Seymour , always thought this was the obvious paring. Good penalty from Seymour although there seemed to be some debate as to who would take it, would have thought this was decided before game?
Out of interest what was the last scored penalty in a league game?