Aveley away on Monday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Tony

BeaverWatcher wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:49 pm Just listened to Mel's interview and can only assume I was at a different game as we were, apparently, in control of the match during the first half.

This would be the half where Adam made several good saves whilst their keeper got so bored he took up landscape painting.
I guess Mel has to put on a positive face in the circumstances - imagine if Dowse was still manager how that post match interview would have gone - but agree as the first half wore on Aveley got more on top. Mel can’t have been happy with just one attempt on goal in 45 mins, Aveley weren’t that good. Things can change quite quickly with a good performance and remember no wins in Mel’s first six games last season so it can turn around but we seem a long way off being a top half team just now.
TW16Brucie

HamptonMad wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:10 pm
TW16Brucie wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:01 pm
HamptonMad wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:12 pm 2.0 down pen Thats it Start the club car lets get out of here.
Seems like another waste of petrol?

Its Electric.
Car or player performance?h
tones

We should accept the fact that we've recruited badly, have no effective forward line and are only ever going to be a moderate team at the lower end of the division.
HamptonLifer5

Seymour up front alone doesn't work. He needs someone around him to battle. Haven't seen that fight and battle from Bloomfield so far however. Midfield has been outclassed, and I hope it's just a minor injury that is keeping Donaldson out of the side because he should be starting week in and out. Not sure Pitblado is the solution on the left hand side at all.
TW10

yep the recruitment has been underwhelming though Hall is clearly a good player. The centre mid area is very average for this level, Dunne is a steady holding player and Deadfield a half decent passer but neither have pace, a massive engine to get up and down or a big physical presence. Neither would get into a top 6 side. I can see Mel going into the loan market to get fringe conference players on board. Obviously that introduces the vulnerability of recalls but it seems we need to improve the quality.
EastTerracer

With the midfield seemingly struggling, I'm surprised Vazahashvili has not been used yet. He seemed industrious in pre season.
Tony

I think we’ll need more experience in there. He would get steamrollered by most teams at this level.