Open Day; September 3rd

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Jamie

TW16Brucie wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:05 am Add Value? I didn’t realise that for thirty plus years I was supposed to add value, I thought as a lover of the club and volunteering not only at games but during the week and definitely during the closed season I was putting something towards the club, I’m sorry I didn’t have that odd £200,00 in my back pocket!
It’s sad, but I won’t be having a season ticket for the first time in years. Obviously not wanted. Might see you at the occasional game.
Maybe you could apply for the Project Manager job they are advertising and get £30k in your back pocket for doing similar work :-)
TW16Brucie

Jamie, I never wanted to take from the Club, except the pain and pleasure of results.
Les1949

TW16Brucie wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:05 am Add Value? I didn’t realise that for thirty plus years I was supposed to add value, I thought as a lover of the club and volunteering not only at games but during the week and definitely during the closed season I was putting something towards the club, I’m sorry I didn’t have that odd £200,00 in my back pocket!
It’s sad, but I won’t be having a season ticket for the first time in years. Obviously not wanted. Might see you at the occasional game.
All I can say is that in my time as a former official of the club (in various capacities) ALL volunteers AND staff were valued, not only as individuals, but also as a terrific resource for the club. Not only when the club was faced with a F A Cup 1st Round game live on television, but also for the 'humdrum' home games, the club could always rely on those dedicated to the club to give up their time and offer whatever skills they had. Even if what was tried didn't work (I am thinking particularly of Dowse's plan to have cars on the pitchand attempting to use the heat/exhaust to melt the frost on the pitch!), Volunteer labour helped to build the club in the 1960s,70s &80s - some of the fruits of their labour can still be seen around Beveree.
Big Rich

Les1949 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:34 pm
All I can say is that in my time as a former official of the club (in various capacities) ALL volunteers AND staff were valued, not only as individuals, but also as a terrific resource for the club. Not only when the club was faced with a F A Cup 1st Round game live on television, but also for the 'humdrum' home games, the club could always rely on those dedicated to the club to give up their time and offer whatever skills they had. Even if what was tried didn't work (I am thinking particularly of Dowse's plan to have cars on the pitchand attempting to use the heat/exhaust to melt the frost on the pitch!), Volunteer labour helped to build the club in the 1960s,70s &80s - some of the fruits of their labour can still be seen around Beveree.
Brilliant Les! I remember trying to thaw the pitch with my old diesel!! Not allowed in London now because of ULEZ.
Lord Elpus

Jamie wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:02 am
Maybe you could apply for the Project Manager job they are advertising and get £30k in your back pocket for doing similar work :-)
Really? Where's that being advertised then? I thought they'd appointed someone, has he left already?
HamptonMad

Project managers job gone.
Last edited by HamptonMad on Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie

Lord Elpus wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:31 pm
Really? Where's that being advertised then? I thought they'd appointed someone, has he left already?
It's on LinkedIn
Tony

Also an advert for a full time Safety Officer but no mention of salary.
Lord Elpus

Jamie wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:25 am
Lord Elpus wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:31 pm

It's on LinkedIn
So it is...yep, all the stuff that used to be done by Volunteers. Except maybe face painting and ballooning, clearly now an essential part of any "matchday experience."
Les1949

So, when the dynamic duo walk away from the club - which, no doubt, they will (on to bigger and better things) one would hope that any full time appointments are not on long term contracts which the club could not sustain.
TW10

I think everyone share the concern as to what happens when the brothers and backers walk away..a mediocre season combined with costs massively outweighing revenues will be the first test and by the way we have started it could be this season. I like Mel a lot and think we are fortunate to have him but he no doubt will feel heat from the brothers if we don’t start winning games and pushing for promotion.
Brit

Les1949 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:43 am So, when the dynamic duo walk away from the club - which, no doubt, they will (on to bigger and better things) one would hope that any full time appointments are not on long term contracts which the club could not sustain.
Of course, when it does go sour it would be an easy guess as to who the owners will blame.