Middlesex Senior Cup 2023/24 Draw

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
EastTerracer

TW3 Beaver wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:07 pm
EastTerracer wrote: Middlesex FA have not received any application for a name change as yet.
Has the National League and The FA?
National League would not be involved in a name change. I got the impression from Middlesex FA it would need to go to them,
Jamie

Tony wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:31 pm
Jamie wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:46 pm Tony,
Don't pretend this is a surprise, at the Supporters Trust meeting where the brothers did a presentation, they kept missing out the word Borough, and I raised the issue.
Afterwards, I queried it, and you personally responded about losing Borough with "does it really matter".
The issue is, you as the "advisor" to the Trust board, and the Trust board, must have been aware of these plans with all the special meetings you had and all the confidentiality documents you said were involved.

Just be man enough to say you knew it was going to happen but YOU didn't care about such changes.

It is an utter disgrace these things are being pushed through the back door, done in a sly way.
The only reason the name hasn't been officially changed, it the new owners clearly didn't get stuff done in time and missed deadlines, just like the 3G pitch, just like the floodlights, just like the building work, just like not maintaining the playing surface.

We hear about how behind the times the club was, and yes, let's be honest things could have been improved years before, but this new regime is anything but experts in non league football, and continually the evidence is for all to see.
People need to stop burying their head in the sand, wake the hell up, and make a bloody stand..... because at some point if the success doesn't come, the money and investors will dry up and get bored, and what happens to the club then? Too many other clubs have disappeared because people just let someone new who can do a Powerpoint presentation take full control.

We had a Supporters Trust with around 25% shareholding for protection, and Tony Nash, Phil Weller, and the Trust board, scared members into having to vote for this. The supporters trust is not running to the rules in place, won't hold elections for things, it's a disgrace, and you the Trust board should all be resigning.

Tony, hold your hands up. You made a bad call. Just own it.
What? Because the club has altered the name on its badge and twitter to Hampton and Richmond and made no announcement (possibly because there has been no application to change the name)the whole deal is a disaster? I am not here to defend the new owners but how different is it if they decide not to invest any further than any previous regime?

Tony, you were one of the founders of the Supporters Trust, to protect the clubs future, and to ensure supporters would be able to keep the club going no matter what, and that one entity couldn't control everything.

Why, for Ramayana, did you feel it necessary to completely change you stance on this.
Why would any ownership with good intentions be so desperate to have all the Supporters Trust shares taken away (I don't think they are bad people) however why not work to explain to them why those shares are there in the Trusts name.
Surely if it was a deal breaker they didn't want any decent shareholding for the Supporters Trust, then it isn't worth just signing everything away.