Eastbourne Borough

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Tony

It is somewhat ironic that our first game of the season is against another club with new owners also flirting with the legacy of Ted Lasso. Their new owner Simon Leslie is almost gushing with pride about his achievements before even one competitive game has been played. They even seem to have a deal with a TV network to broadcast their story. And a Hollywood star to join the board. I wonder where they got that idea from? Oh, and they have signed the owner’s son to the squad which is always a good sign. Some of their supporters see the game as a ‘must win’ which sounds a bit crazy but if you create so much hype then I guess expectation levels are going to become unrealistic. Eastbourne have gone full time and pretty much changed the whole squad. A few recognised names but quite a few out of pro clubs who could be something or nothing. Hopefully we can let a little air out of their balloon come 5pm on Saturday.
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

I have been thinking for a few weeks now that Eastbourne are being hugely over hyped. New owners come and go and at this level "going full time" (which can just mean three training sessions a week in some cases) isn't really that significant when you have the likes of Yeovil, Torquay etc in the division. I am quietly confident we will come away with point(s).
Josh2002

I think Eastbourne are dangerously close to going down the Crawley route, and we know how disastrous that has been.
Tony

The daytime, three days a week training model has been tried by a few clubs at our level. Not that it can’t work but it shuts the door to a lot of very experienced and capable players who have good jobs outside the game. I think Eastbourne have retained perhaps only one player from last season and have lost a lot of decent players mostly to Welling.
Adam

For anyone thinking of going tomorrow tickets are cheaper online until midnight, according to their Twitter. £13 instead of £18 for adults.

https://ebfc.onlineticketseller.com/
TW3 Beaver

Attachments
20230805_140221.jpg
geedub

Neither Seymour nor Bloomfield starting... :o
Shepperton Supporter

Bench full of new players, Bloomfield and Seymour included. Assume Kurran Brown and Whittingham the strikers. Julian starts in goal. Gray not fit enough? Only Hall debut.
Tony

And Julian now out as well
TW3 Beaver

Tony wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:29 pm And Julian now out as well
Injured in the warm up?

Adam Desbois starts.
Alex Soloman on the bench.
geedub

geedub wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:19 pm Neither Seymour nor Bloomfield starting... :o
Seymour has been ill this week and Bloomfield with a slight knock according to the boys on Radio Beaver
HamptonMad

1.0 down.