Will King - Managing Director

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
TW3 Beaver

Shepperton Supporter

A full time appointment and a supporter as well. The brothers taking a back seat with regards the day to day running of the club. Looks a good move and perhaps a bridge to repair the rift between the new owners and the supporters.
Wish Will the best , looks like a full “ in tray”!
Tony

Yes, wish him well. I guess will be taking over some of Tracey's role but wonder what degree of autonomy and responsibility he will have given an already very crowded club board.
Jamie

Tony wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:04 pm Yes, wish him well. I guess will be taking over some of Tracey's role but wonder what degree of autonomy and responsibility he will have given an already very crowded club board.
I assume you were aware this role would be created when you and the Supporters Trust board pressured people into voting to give shares away?
Shepperton Supporter

As for autonomy and responsibilities, he will be the only full time on the board? I assume his job description gives the parameters of his role and needs to be adhered to by everyone else!
As pointed out, a wider role than Tracey who was not full time?
Wish him well.
Jamie

Whats Jacques Le Bars doing now then?

No news off the supporters trust either in months.

I wish Will well.... maybe first job can be to remind all the media posts to stop forgetting to use the word Borough, and missing the B out of the hashtags.
Lord Elpus

Good luck Will, if you read this.
A couple of questions though...anyone know where this was advertised? And I'd be very interested to know what the wider brief of the role is.
Shepperton Supporter

It might give us an insight as to what Will does at Sky, before we question anything about his role?
The Beavernator

Why should the ST have been aware that that this role would be created? Just like all growing businesses, the owners are entitled to create any job they consider to be appropriate at any point in time, be that a completely newly role, a replacement role for a departing employee or an adaptation of an existing role. This sort of thing constantly evolves.

As for the ST having “pressured” people into making a decision to vote in a certain way - I find this a bizarre take on the situation.
Jamie wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:18 pm
Tony wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:04 pm Yes, wish him well. I guess will be taking over some of Tracey's role but wonder what degree of autonomy and responsibility he will have given an already very crowded club board.
I assume you were aware this role would be created when you and the Supporters Trust board pressured people into voting to give shares away?
Tony

The club can create any role it pleases whenever it pleases. Tracey was still in role at the time of the takeover but subsequently decided to move on. So I am just guessing that Will’s role will in part cover some of her duties but possibly others as well.
Alphawave

Will King is on LinkedIn:

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/willking22
Big Rich

Jamie wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:33 pm
I wish Will well.... maybe first job can be to remind all the media posts to stop forgetting to use the word Borough, and missing the B out of the hashtags.
Fully agree with this. All the #HRFC stuff is a name
change via the back door.