New Badge Incoming???

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
BeaverWatcher

Whoryer wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:38 pm Definitely hope it changes back to Hampton FC should never of been changed in the first place, but unfortunately can't see them getting rid of the Richmond bit.I think the best we can hope for is Hampton and Richmond FC. Anything but AFC Richmond though!!!!
Dropping the 'Borough' bit is more likely than a full 180 on the name.

The messaging that came out yesterday 'Forward Together' very much leads to looking forward rather than reminiscing on bygone times.....
BevereeMaster

Forward together has been in the clubs bio since we joined, it’s their motto
Tony

My interpretation of that tweet is that it is about the badge not the name. To change a club name you have to get permission from the FA/League and you can't just do that overnight.
DistantBeaver

With regards to the name etc the email hamrich some of the staff at the club so could be just Hampton & Richmond losing the Borough

And regard to post above the owners and there team might have already sorted that

We don’t know anything what’s happening at the club

Interesting few days
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Lots of people on socials getting excited about "Hampton FC"... sadly it can't realistically happen due to the takeover agreement made which specified no changes to the name (except dropping the word borough).
DistantBeaver

TW2-Beaver wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:59 pm Lots of people on socials getting excited about "Hampton FC"... sadly it can't realistically happen due to the takeover agreement made which specified no changes to the name (except dropping the word borough).
Thanks for that mate
Josh2002

TW2-Beaver wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:59 pm Lots of people on socials getting excited about "Hampton FC"... sadly it can't realistically happen due to the takeover agreement made which specified no changes to the name (except dropping the word borough).
Agree, seems unlikely, but it's still great to see the club remembering its past because I know a few people were worried it had been forgotten about.
GRTourist

Josh2002 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:20 pm
Agree, seems unlikely, but it's still great to see the club remembering its past because I know a few people were worried it had been forgotten about.
Agreed, Josh. Nice to see that whatever is coming on Friday they're clearly trying to show a desire to follow on from the club's history, not forget it.
BevereeMaster

GRTourist wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:54 pm
Agreed, Josh. Nice to see that whatever is coming on Friday they're clearly trying to show a desire to follow on from the club's history, not forget it.
People forget that we can modernise the club whilst remembering and honouring the past, they can go hand in hand not one or the other
DistantBeaver

I for one was happy to see todays news whatever it is
Bring on Friday

Apologies past few days with my opinions I just get to passionate about the club not looking for sympathy or anything I’m just apologising
At end of the day we all love the club whatever it does it always be the same club forever past present and future

Good luck to all
Come On You Beavers!

See you all on 25th

Good luck pre season gutted can’t be at any others other than 25th
Jamie

Tony wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:34 pm My interpretation of that tweet is that it is about the badge not the name. To change a club name you have to get permission from the FA/League and you can't just do that overnight.
Can be done far more easily than you make out.
Last season Barnt Green Spartak who have been going for over 20 years, they were taken over last summer, midway through last season despite the Midland Football League saying no, they went direct to the FA and changed their name mid season to Birmingham United. Utterly ridiculous mid season also, as means a league table when opposition played against different named clubs on their historical results and stats.
Jamie

Okay, so a lot of speculation.
I just want to remind people of a few things, especially to those who attended the Supporters Trust meeting and presentation prior to the "vote" to give away shares to the new owners (I will be posting a separate thread about that in the future, as that is a massive can of worms now).

At the presentation (a presentation no one seems to have kept a copy of - Supporters Trust Board? surely a very important reference document?!) the brothers stated they would NOT change the club name, club colours, nor the club badge.

I queried this as the presentation was littered with references to "Hampton & Richmond", and queried it. Tony Nash the trust boards "independent advisor" or suchlike title, got vocal and replied to me "Jamie, does Borough really matter?"

Well YES! It matters a hell of a lot.
Firstly, a promised to not change the name, immediately contradicted.
Secondly, the word Borough makes a huge difference to the club name. I was brought up in Hampton, watching Hampton. Whatever we think of the previous change, and the massively long name, without Borough the name implies the club either merged with a club from Richmond, or only represents two areas, "Hampton" and "Richmond" one being in Middlesex, one pretty far away, over the river, in Surrey. That makes it utterly ridiculous. Whereas having the word Borough, means the club Hampton also represents the entire borough it sits in.

Club Badge - variations have changed over the years with tweaks etc. However, once again, the brothers promised it would not change, I knew then a promise that could not be kept with the changes over the decades.

Club Colours - Hmmm, let's see, the brothers say their Italian roots are Cagliari fans, and the club they had in south america, Albion FC, both wore Red and Blue..... so do AFC Richmond.... less said about that the better.

the point is, broken promises! and massive ones, and no one seems to care about that.

The 3G pitch, Chairman Jacques Le Bars always said this would never go ahead without suppporters trust/fan consultation, yet with the brothers they planned for this massive decision to go ahead without the consultation.

This is the worrying thing, months into new ownership many "promises" being broken, and this is just small parts - behind the scenes there are much bigger things going on with how the ownership works, new companies being formed controlling other companies and shareholders. Also a distinct lack of communication from the ownership, Jacques, continuation as Chairman seems bizarre as doesn't seem involved in anything.

The Supporters Trust, pushed through their one sided view for handing over shares, promised more updates to members, and months later no updates.... why?

Much more to this, and people need to be aware, I do believe the brothers have good intentions, but I think the clean sweep of removing people and doing everything their own way is not great. Non league is massively about the good will of the supporters, the people who help around the ground, doing odd jobs, using local contacts to get materials or services donated. Coming in with a blank cheque book cannot last for ever, remember the brothers have "investors" behind them, these investors will want to see a return, their money won't be coming in forever without getting pay back.

I have personally emailed both brothers on their business and club email address, and chased up a couple of times, expressing an interest in sponsorship packages for my company, and personally to help support in a small way, just as sponsorship has always been done, and also asked for a conversation about organising an event to raise money for club funds, substantial income..... there has been no reply at all.... not even a thanks but no thanks.... is that not strange?

Again, I'm not believing anything untoward going on, but it seems there is nothing wanted from the outside be it manpower or sponsorship. Which just seems odd to not explore all avenues to achieve their goals to progress the club.

Hopefully dialogue will improve, and it won't become just a corporate modern day lower level pro club, yes things need to modernise and improve, but ripping the soul and local community feel of the club would be beyond upsetting.