Communication........

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Les1949

............lies at the nub of many comments made on this forum and on social media. No information leads to questioning which is surely the right of supporters who, in many instances, have devoted decades to Hampton/HRBFC, playing, volunteering, watching and also helping at various times to be part of the officials running the club (however well, or not so well, some supporters may have thought it was being done).

Many people in the past 100+ years have contributed in so many different ways, many people have put in more than my 30+ years, and everyone knows who I am - I can't walk through the village without someone asking me what is going on, even though I am in as much of the dark as anyone.

I may have 'retired' from active duty, but I still plan to support the club, support the team and try to keep the history of the club in focus for as long as possible.

However, a day or so ago, my darling wife, Lesley, came home 3 months after having had a stroke. My focus is now, totally, on her ongoing recovery. I can no longer allow the activities of the 'dynamic duo' (humble apologogies if my terminology distresses anyone) be at the forefront of my concerns.

So, whatever happens, happens - or doesn't, there are much more important things in life to worry about.
Shepperton Supporter

Like most supporters I am fully aware of your family situation and it must be your first priority. Pass on my best wishes to Lesley for a speedy recovery.
TW10

Good luck to Lesley and to you Les..
Cliffp

Well said Les,

Best wishes to yourself and your good Lady
DistantBeaver

Much love to you and Lesley and family
Always love your historian notes and I’m grateful you keep the history going of reminding us the great times back in the day

Send my love to Lesley

See you both soon
HamptonMad

Best wishes to you both.
Big Rich

I am reminded of the Arrigo Sacchi quote that "football is the most important of the unimportant things in life."

The very best wishes to you both Les.