New pitch floodlights etc.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Tony

Not sure why the 3G and floodlights could not go ahead as a separate project. The benefits of doing so seemed clear so maybe there have been some issues with those. The club were obliged to submit a Community Access Plan as a condition of the PP but not seen anything published so could that be an issue(although maybe not needed to be made public)?
BevereeMaster

Probably don’t want to rub the council the wrong way by slating them in a news later or a statement, if they are having issues with the council etc
geedub

Had a look through the gate/fence this afternoon - someone has done a nice neat job mowing the pitch. A much more pleasing sight.
Any chance of us getting a pre-season friendly at home now...?
DistantBeaver

geedub wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:19 pm Had a look through the gate/fence this afternoon - someone has done a nice neat job mowing the pitch. A much more pleasing sight.
Any chance of us getting a pre-season friendly at home now...?
No chance cause the pitch needs to have the relevant work done to it to make it as good as it can be this season
Josh2002

Probably too late to arrange a friendly, most clubs will have their schedules sorted.
HamptonMad

RogerB wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:47 pm The lack of activity and the lack of news from the board is very concerning though not surprising.
Correct Sir.
Big Rich

HamptonMad wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:11 pm
RogerB wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:47 pm The lack of activity and the lack of news from the board is very concerning though not surprising.
Correct Sir.
It’s a funny old game HM. The club car passed its MOT, just, and we’ll squeeze another season out of it. After that the chassis will need welding.
Big Rich

I’m surprised there is not more information about what happened to delay the pitch and floodlight installation. In my opinion this is where most companies and politicians go wrong - they never want to admit bad news or that things have not gone well, but over time this narrative becomes harder and harder to sustain and always ends in bigger problems in the long run.
BevereeMaster

Big Rich wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:08 am I’m surprised there is not more information about what happened to delay the pitch and floodlight installation. In my opinion this is where most companies and politicians go wrong - they never want to admit bad news or that things have not gone well, but over time this narrative becomes harder and harder to sustain and always ends in bigger problems in the long run.
I would imagine it has something to do with the council and the last thing the club would want to do is make a statement saying we can’t proceed due to the council stopping us etc etc and potentially annoy/anger the council by blaming them or throwing shade their way
HamptonMad

Big Rich wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:08 am I’m surprised there is not more information about what happened to delay the pitch and floodlight installation. In my opinion this is where most companies and politicians go wrong - they never want to admit bad news or that things have not gone well, but over time this narrative becomes harder and harder to sustain and always ends in bigger problems in the long run.
Correct Sir.
HamptonMad

Big Rich wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:57 am
Correct Sir.
It’s a funny old game HM. The club car passed its MOT, just, and we’ll squeeze another season out of it. After that the chassis will need welding.
Not sure we will need The Car Big Rich. Heard lots of bad rumous about whats going on. One thing we will need is another New Badge for The Car. We also need to remove the advertising Dowson drives Austin Princess off the side of car.
Brit

HamptonMad wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:44 pm
Big Rich wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:57 am
Correct Sir.
Not sure we will need The Car Big Rich. Heard lots of bad rumous about whats going on. One thing we will need is another New Badge for The Car. We also need to remove the advertising Dowson drives Austin Princess off the side of car.
Should now be room for AFC RICHMOND