New pitch floodlights etc.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
HamptonMad

To the man shouting at me this afternoon when i was looking over the fence at The Bev. You dont own the ground , the council do. And you dont own the air space. The Caa do.
Big Rich

HamptonMad wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:54 pm To the man shouting at me this afternoon when i was looking over the fence at The Bev. You dont own the ground , the council do. And you dont own the air space. The Caa do.
They don’t own the club car either. Kingsburys do. On hire purchase.
DistantBeaver

HamptonMad wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:54 pm To the man shouting at me this afternoon when i was looking over the fence at The Bev. You dont own the ground , the council do. And you dont own the air space. The Caa do.
Last edited by DistantBeaver on Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HamptonMad

Big Rich wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:41 pm
Your in for a shock Big Rich. Kingsbury garage is half knocked down.
GRTourist

Actually, the Council own the air space immediately above/around the ground. They can legally stop people interfering with that airspace if they want. They also own the higher stratum (up to around 500-1000ft above the roof) but they have no greater rights of use of that airspace than the public (so couldn't stop a drone at that height, but could stop a drone overflight at lower levels).

The CAA don't own the air, but they are the regulating body, through the 1982 Civil Aviation Act. Similar to how Ofwat are the water regulator, but don't own the water.
HamptonMad

GRTourist wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:18 pm
Actually, the Council own the air space immediately above/around the ground. They can legally stop people interfering with that airspace if they want. They also own the higher stratum (up to around 500-1000ft above the roof) but they have no greater rights of use of that airspace than the public (so couldn't stop a drone at that height, but could stop a drone overflight at lower levels).

The CAA don't own the air, but they are the regulating body, through the 1982 Civil Aviation Act. Similar to how Ofwat are the water regulator, but don't own the water.
So the council can stop planes flying over. Rubbish and you need to read the 249 g Drone law.
GRTourist

HamptonMad wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:20 pm

So the council can stop planes flying over. Rubbish and you need to read the 249 g Drone law.
That's not quite what I said is it. If it was flying in the airspace immediately above/around the ground they could. As could you if a plane was flying in that space over your house. I mean I doubt you could physically stop them, that would be tough, but you would certainly have good legal grounds to do so.
HamptonMad

GRTourist wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:45 pm
HamptonMad wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:20 pm

That's not quite what I said is it. If it was flying in the airspace immediately above/around the ground they could. As could you if a plane was flying in that space over your house. I mean I doubt you could physically stop them, that would be tough, but you would certainly have good legal grounds to do so.
We are talking about above the ground not over your house.
Brit

I assume the new owners and new support staff are aware that the land right up to the fence behind the stands is a public local park managed by LBRUT with a sign board behind the main stand to that effect and they have no rights over that local park with its car park nor over anyone standing parkside of the fence.
Les1949

Well, this is a bit of a weird thread! I spent a lot of my time at the ground 24/7 and quite often members of the public wandered in, usually local residents (quite often suprised to find a football club tucked away behind Station Road). They would ask if they could look at the pitch, what standard of football was played, when was the next game, how much to watch, how long has the ground been here etc. Questions answered, they wandered off, and some of them came back to watch a game.
Don't recall anyone saying, 'Get off my Land'.
Big Rich

HamptonMad wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:03 pm
Big Rich wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:41 pm
Your in for a shock Big Rich. Kingsbury garage is half knocked down.
I know! I remember the days when it was all fields...
RogerB

Spill the beans then HM! What developments did you spot at the ground before the security guard told you to clear off?