New pitch floodlights etc.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Les1949

RogerB wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:45 pm
BevereeMaster wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:16 pm Hey Roger, you seem to be very vocal about the media team and their communication, why don’t you volunteer to be a part of the media team and then you will be able to post whatever you like about the renovations and if you aren’t allowed to then you can pull the owners up on it yourself.
Absolutely no criticism intended of Louis who seems to be doing a sterling job as the one-man media team, after the rest of the excellent media team were dispensed with by the new owners. Louis, however, can only post what he's allowed to post by the owners and I don't understand the secrecy with which they shroud their actions. As for "pulling the owners up on it", how do you propose I do that? They don't answer emails and I gather they are out of the country.
Nailed it in one Roger, what's the point of being in the media team if you can only put out the party line.
GRTourist

BevereeMaster wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:16 pm Hey Roger, you seem to be very vocal about the media team and their communication, why don’t you volunteer to be a part of the media team and then you will be able to post whatever you like about the renovations and if you aren’t allowed to then you can pull the owners up on it yourself.
Absolutely no criticism intended of Louis who seems to be doing a sterling job as the one-man media team, after the rest of the excellent media team were dispensed with by the new owners. Louis, however, can only post what he's allowed to post by the owners and I don't understand the secrecy with which they shroud their actions. As for "pulling the owners up on it", how do you propose I do that? They don't answer emails and I gather they are out of the country.
Louis is definitely not on his own - we have a media team, and as another member of said media team i can confirm that none of us were "dispensed with" by anyone.

Some people chose to step away, others didn't. Tbh, it's quite frustrating reading people presenting as fact stuff which is just not true at all.
TW16Brucie

I believe many volunteers left because they got an offer they could refuse! Now that we are staying with grass I hope there is a good groundsman on hand. I agree with Roger and Tony’s statements.
Let’s wait to hear from our new owners as to why things have changed.
Tony

I suspect the ground maintenance has been contracted out for the season. Just hope in the short timescale available we can get a decent surface. Will need a lot of watering for new grass to grow so if we get a prolonged dry spell I hope our irrigation system is up to the job!
DistantBeaver

Last edited by DistantBeaver on Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DistantBeaver

GRTourist wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:09 pm
Louis is definitely not on his own - we have a media team, and as another member of said media team i can confirm that none of us were "dispensed with" by anyone.

Some people chose to step away, others didn't. Tbh, it's quite frustrating reading people presenting as fact stuff which is just not true at all.
Last edited by DistantBeaver on Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie

The thing is the Supporters Trust had over 20% of the club, so if had kept that would have been able to keep fans informed of things going on, and plans.
But those on the board of the trust pushed through giving the shares away in a vote with a very poorly worded question to vote yes or no on. They also didn't allow any alternative view to be given for a balanced "argument" for an alternative of what could happen.
Phil Weller is still chairman of the supporters trust, yet he was made a director of the football club at the start of April this year, so surely he has insight into what is going on. As he is still the Chairman of the trust, shouldn't he be giving updates on what is going on? Or has he merely acquired a role for himself and now has no interest in his role as head of the supporters representations?

In terms of the media team, I don't have an issue with them only posting things that are approved from above, that's a professional way of doing things, and if people just posted their own views when they felt like it from the club account, that wouldn't be great.

However, when trying to contact the brothers by email, I chassed this up messaging the Facebook page. Louis replied, and I explained things, and he told me to give him my message so he could pass on to the brothers. This was weird, why does Louis need to see what I want to ask. My discussions can be private if I want. So why does Louis need to see it. It also gives the impression Louis is in good contact with the brothers, but I don't get why he couldn't just ask them to reply to my email.

Nothing seems to be simple anymore.
TW16Brucie

Exactly Jamie.
RogerB

GRTourist wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

To quibble about the term "dispensed with" is just semantics. The large number of the original media team who left were, I presume, offered such draconian conditions of service that they felt they had no option but to walk away. So the owners were, in effect dispensing with those unwilling to toe the party line.
And yes, I share your frustrations. It is very frustrating when plans and promises announced with such fanfare at the end of last season fail to come to fruition and that extremely disappointing news is dressed up as "exciting news".
TW16Brucie

DistantBeaver wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:49 am This was the quote from the owners Q & A

If your not valuable your not relevant
Who’’s The judge of either valuable or relevant?
DistantBeaver

DistantBeaver wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:43 pm
HamptonMad wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:54 pm To the man shouting at me this afternoon when i was looking over the fence at The Bev. You dont own the ground , the council do. And you dont own the air space. The Caa do.
DistantBeaver

DistantBeaver wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:43 pm
HamptonMad wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:54 pm To the man shouting at me this afternoon when i was looking over the fence at The Bev. You dont own the ground , the council do. And you dont own the air space. The Caa do.