New pitch floodlights etc.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
LouisFell

I mean the ground is currently a “building site” so of course members of the public aren’t just welcome to stroll in, as they were still welcome to do throughout the back end of the season.
HamptonMad

LouisFell wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:42 am I mean the ground is currently a “building site” so of course members of the public aren’t just welcome to stroll in, as they were still welcome to do throughout the back end of the season.
Nobody said they entered the ground. Standing on a public path looking over the fence is fine.
LouisFell

HamptonMad wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:40 am
LouisFell wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:42 am I mean the ground is currently a “building site” so of course members of the public aren’t just welcome to stroll in, as they were still welcome to do throughout the back end of the season.
Nobody said they entered the ground. Standing on a public path looking over the fence is fine.
Wasn’t referring to you.
RogerB

The term "building site" implies there are some building works going on. So what exactly is being built, Louis?
LouisFell

A new parking space for the club car hopefully
RogerB

So even the press officer doesn't know what's going on behind the padlocked gates.
LouisFell

RogerB wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:57 pm So even the press officer doesn't know what's going on behind the padlocked gates.
I mean, it’s obviously the pitch renovation works. Which has been announced as being underway. Thought you were being purposefully obtuse.
Les1949

Following HM's report on being challenged at Beveree, I thought that I might update myself as to the situation.

Strolled up the Meadow and then onto the footpath which overlooks the ground and the posh houses behind the ground. Tree cover didn't allow for much of a view, but I did notice some very large patches of brown grass amongst the green sward.

Wandered back down, noting the overgrown areas surrounding the perimeter. Gates open! No one appeared to be around. Entrance to Dressing Rooms has a sign by the door 'Site Office'; doors are open to the Club House and the Blue Boxes, but did not head in that direction. Still all quiet. Made my way past what would have been the Trust Hut, A very large skip parked where most fans walk through, full of those white plastic chairs that date from the Covid days, lots of tarpaulin and a lot of 'shrubbery'. Looked over at the pitch, yes, it's flat and green - so no doubt the soil and seed has gone on to the pitch which would have been levelled using the soil to fill in divots. 6 yard area covered to encourage grass to grow. Large areas of brown, impossible to say what the condition of the grass is in without going on to the pitch, needs water on it I would suggest (and feeding).

Still unobserved in this 'building site', with the sun shining down on a peaceful afternoon, I made my way back to the main gates. Spotted a poster on it (suprised you didn't mention it, HM). The poster is advertising a full time position at the club - a 'Kit Operative' - to look after all the team's kit. Not being on much Social Media I assume that this position has been widely advertised?

Left unscathed, had a chat with Tim Lane outside Viking Court.

Report ends.
DistantBeaver

Cheers for update Les
RogerB

Thanks for the detailed report, Les. I learned more from that than from all the official communications from the club.
BevereeMaster

Hey Roger, you seem to be very vocal about the media team and their communication, why don’t you volunteer to be a part of the media team and then you will be able to post whatever you like about the renovations and if you aren’t allowed to then you can pull the owners up on it yourself.
RogerB

BevereeMaster wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:16 pm Hey Roger, you seem to be very vocal about the media team and their communication, why don’t you volunteer to be a part of the media team and then you will be able to post whatever you like about the renovations and if you aren’t allowed to then you can pull the owners up on it yourself.
Absolutely no criticism intended of Louis who seems to be doing a sterling job as the one-man media team, after the rest of the excellent media team were dispensed with by the new owners. Louis, however, can only post what he's allowed to post by the owners and I don't understand the secrecy with which they shroud their actions. As for "pulling the owners up on it", how do you propose I do that? They don't answer emails and I gather they are out of the country.