New pitch floodlights etc.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
TW3 Beaver

DistantBeaver wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:35 pm the club didn’t put anything about the Hampton FC,Hampton & Richmond Borough Football club 102nd birthday since club was formed on the 25th May absolutely nothing at all

So I wouldn’t expect anything anytime soon
Don't remember there being anything for the 99th, 80th, 86th.

What is so special about 102nd?

It's also not very good to be stirring up trouble by asking the same question under a different user name.

I would have thought you should be more worried about what's going on at Hanworth Villa.
DistantBeaver

I’m supporter of Hampton & Richmond Borough and will always be for life just care about the club

Don’t know what your problem is

This is a forum end of the day and well I couldn’t get on under my old username as so long since used it

No hate against club I love at all

All the best to you whether I know you or not
DistantBeaver

I would have thought you should be more worried about what's going on at Hanworth Villa.
[/quote]

Supporter of HRBFC for over 20 years
Worked at the club for 10 with the first team and academy

In no way I’m stirring up trouble and it was just a question I am asking if you got a real problem message me instead of dishing it out about whether I should concentrate elsewhere

Enjoy the new season

Come On You Beavers! 🦫

End of that’s all from me on the subject
Tony

RogerB wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:48 pm Obviously I hope my doubts are unfounded but it's the lack of openness from the club (i.e. the new owners) that's caused them. Most clubs would have been eager to keep supporters informed of any stadium developments during the close season but we've all been reduced to guesswork as to what the plans are.
The fittings of the clubhouse (?) boardroom (?) were removed about a month ago but we only found out about that because the removal company put it on their own Facebook page. What has subsequently been refurbished/ redecorated? Does anyone know?
Then a rumour started on here that the asbestos roofs of the terrace and stand were being replaced but people who have passed Beveree report no sign of any work.
As for the new signings, have any contracts actually started yet? I presume they'll start next month so no wages will have been paid out yet. Correct me if I'm wrong.
A few press releases would have prevented all this speculation.
I don't see how we go from 'no news from the club' to there may be no team next season. Could the real answer be that they are not ready to make an announcement until all the ducks are in a row? It seems to me that the club is trying to do a lot in a very short space of time and any hiccups with permissions, contractors, etc may lead to unwanted and unplanned delays. But that in itself is pure speculation. My guess is that we are not going to be playing home games for a few weeks whilst work continues into the new season.
RogerSW

Good to make contingency plans for all eventualities.
EastTerracer

Tony wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:20 amMy guess is that we are not going to be playing home games for a few weeks whilst work continues into the new season.
Seems likely and something the club should communicate about.
Jamie

DistantBeaver wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:35 pm the club didn’t put anything about the Hampton FC,Hampton & Richmond Borough Football club 102nd birthday since club was formed on the 25th May absolutely nothing at all

So I wouldn’t expect anything anytime soon
Maybe waiting to do an announcement for the anniversary of AFC Richmond instead?
GRTourist

Why on earth would any club put out a post about it's 102nd anniversary? That's a very weird criticism to make.
DistantBeaver

GRTourist wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:16 pm Why on earth would any club put out a post about it's 102nd anniversary? That's a very weird criticism to make.
Not a weird criticism at all it’s a forum we all have our views

Be boring if we had the same views
Jamie

Tony wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:20 am
RogerB wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:48 pm Obviously I hope my doubts are unfounded but it's the lack of openness from the club (i.e. the new owners) that's caused them. Most clubs would have been eager to keep supporters informed of any stadium developments during the close season but we've all been reduced to guesswork as to what the plans are.
The fittings of the clubhouse (?) boardroom (?) were removed about a month ago but we only found out about that because the removal company put it on their own Facebook page. What has subsequently been refurbished/ redecorated? Does anyone know?
Then a rumour started on here that the asbestos roofs of the terrace and stand were being replaced but people who have passed Beveree report no sign of any work.
As for the new signings, have any contracts actually started yet? I presume they'll start next month so no wages will have been paid out yet. Correct me if I'm wrong.
A few press releases would have prevented all this speculation.
I don't see how we go from 'no news from the club' to there may be no team next season. Could the real answer be that they are not ready to make an announcement until all the ducks are in a row? It seems to me that the club is trying to do a lot in a very short space of time and any hiccups with permissions, contractors, etc may lead to unwanted and unplanned delays. But that in itself is pure speculation. My guess is that we are not going to be playing home games for a few weeks whilst work continues into the new season.

"My guess is that we are not going to be playing home games for a few weeks"

A few weeks.... :lol:
Installing a 3G pitch is a bit more than a flat pack from Ikea.

Haven't even started digging up or sorting drainage out yet.

Club won't be having a 3G pitch before October at the earliest.
Shepperton Supporter

It might be that the lack of information is because there are factors both allowed for and unexpected that make firm information difficult . If they released dates which proved wrong then can you imagine the comments.
RogerB

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:31 pm It might be that the lack of information is because there are factors both allowed for and unexpected that make firm information difficult . If they released dates which proved wrong then can you imagine the comments.
I think you're being very generous to the new owners. If they'd had the confidence to come out and say they had run into unexpected problems with whatever is being done, explained what the problems were and given some provisional dates with the proviso that those dates may be subject to delays, I think supporters would have been sympathetic. As it is, it's a toss-up as to who'll play a game on their home pitch first, HRBFC or Ivan Toney.