Press article !

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
RogerSW

Last edited by RogerSW on Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josh2002

A very good read.
Lord Elpus

Interesting. Some might see some of the points they make as quite contentious.
Shepperton Supporter

Yes Lord E there might be some contentious items. There is a lot going on in a short time.

Our main concern is that bacon roll and hot dog appear to be off the menu!
TW10

I think we would have gone down without changing the manager and what an incredible appointment it was to get Mel Gwinnett..and gates and the match day experience have improved..
Big Rich

Fortunately no mention of any plans to replace the club car.
Les1949

I printed off the article today and took it along with me to share with Lesley when I visited her in hospital, and yes she is recovering slowly and may be home in 5/6 weeks.

1 It's very much 'me, me, me' ; which I always found was the case whenever I spoke to him, and.........

2. Very unfair to go to the press with the line "aggro from the traditionalists that would have preferred their club to be relegated" without offering a 'right to reply'.
I have never heard any of the 'exiles' say such a thing. In fact, quite a number of them were there on Saturday to support the team for the last home game of the season.
BevereeMaster

Les1949 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:41 pm
I printed off the article today and took it along with me to share with Lesley when I visited her in hospital, and yes she is recovering slowly and may be home in 5/6 weeks.

1 It's very much 'me, me, me' ; which I always found was the case whenever I spoke to him, and.........

2. Very unfair to go to the press with the line "aggro from the traditionalists that would have preferred their club to be relegated" without offering a 'right to reply'.
I have never heard any of the 'exiles' say such a thing. In fact, quite a number of them were there on Saturday to support the team for the last home game of the season.
I heard many people say they would rather see the club be relegated and i quote “play at Hatherop park” than have the trust lose control of the club (just before they was voted in)

I also think they have the right to be “me, me, me” because without them god knows what state the club would be in. Also when they speak about traditionalists it doesn’t necessarily mean the people who have been “exiled” like you wish to put it, it can be fans who were less open to change.

Finally, I hope Lesley makes a speedy recovery, sending my best wishes.
Tony

Just to remind you, the Trust didn’t control the club. It was the second largest shareholder at the time of the deal.
BevereeMaster

Yeah I was on about losing the 51% or whatever it was.