Dartford here

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Tony

Can’t see Dowse risking his key men before the play offs.
Tony

Here endeth the 101st season with a 0-0 draw which was perhaps predictable given neither side had anything to play for. Dartford should have been ahead at half-time but missed three or four easy chances. We were on top most of the second but couldn’t finish which has been the problem from the start of the season. We finish 17th thankful not to be Dulwich who find themselves relegated after losing at home to Chippenham and Weymouth who beat Dover. A miraculous escape for Weymouth fans. All focus now on who we can bring in the improve the side. We need five or six strong recruits if we want to be more than mid table next season. The merry go round now begins.
Shepperton Supporter

A draw was perhaps the right result, we could have been a couple of goals behind at the break . We improved in the second half and could have scored but probably a fair result. Don’t think Dowse played his strongest team which does shows what squad standard will be required next season if we are going to challenge at the top end of the table.
Onto the summer, lots going on off the field, new pitch, floodlights and from what I understand, will be other building work.
In his interview Mel said he was talking to prospective players in the next week and is looking at 8-10 fresh faces. Exciting times if he can get these players on board as he implied they would raise the standard.
Shepperton Supporter

Clifton got man of the match and I felt that he had by far his best game that I had seen him play. Wonder if he is playing for a contract next season?
Tony

13 appearances 1 goal. Would you sign him?
BevereeMaster

Tony wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:55 pm 13 appearances 1 goal. Would you sign him?
Unfair not to mention the 6 assists as well Tony.
TW10

Clifton has been as important as anyone in turning our season around, he’s a great footballer
Josh2002

Clifton is about more than just scoring goals, his hold-up play and as BM mentioned, has chipped in with plenty of assists. For me, it is a no-brainer that he should be kept.
Shepperton Supporter

Tony wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:55 pm 13 appearances 1 goal. Would you sign him?
I would agree there might be some reservations as to signing him, another factor could be he is 34.
Surely the deciding factor will be, does Mel have other potential signings that he would prefer. This will become apparent over the next few weeks. As has been noted already, Mel with his knowledge of players in the football league, might be fishing in a very different pool.
We are all looking forward to an interesting summer!
BevereeMaster

Josh2002 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:33 pm Clifton is about more than just scoring goals, his hold-up play and as BM mentioned, has chipped in with plenty of assists. For me, it is a no-brainer that he should be kept.
Since he’s joined he’s been like our Firmino, doesn’t score many but makes everyone around him better and brings others into the game. If we can get him on a 1 year deal then I think it’s a no brainer really