Promotion from step 3

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Now that we are practically safe from relegation, below is the state of play in three of the four feeder leagues into step two (haven't bothered with Northern Premier as both promoted sides from that division will definitely end up in National League North). Who do we hope to play next season?

Personally would prefer not to have Canvey or Aveley. We haven't played Bracknell for a long time and I think they have a new ground since we last visited...

Isthmian Premier:
Screenshot_20230411-064745_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Southern Premier Central:
Screenshot_20230411-064708_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Southern Premier South:
Screenshot_20230411-064650_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Les1949

Bracknell now play at Sandhurst Town. There may also have to be some shifting around if, as it looks, 3 southern based teams come down from the National League. Geography comes into play!
Lord Elpus

Truro is a pain as would Leiston be, to a lesser extent. I'd like Bracknell, Chesham and Swindon Supermarine for starters. Weston-super-Mare is a good weekender. Hornchurch, Canvey and Aveley are just a bit of a yawn.
Big Rich

Swindon Supermarine certainly - I’ve never been.
Lord Elpus

Big Rich wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:42 am Swindon Supermarine certainly - I’ve never been.
I've been, whilst staying in the area a few years ago. Not too bad to get to, parking available, and friendly enough. Nowhere near the town centre though, so I'm not sure of railway connections. They'd need to make the playoffs first but could well do.
GRTourist

I reckon if Leiston were to come up they may go to National League North. If Torquay, Yeovil and Maidstone (or Aldershot instead of Torquay/Yeovil) all come down, then we're probably looking at one of the northernmost NLS sides going to the NLN anyway - maybe Oxford?

Personally, I'd like to see Weston-super-Mare, Poole Town, Bishop's Stortford and Canvey Island come up, as they'd all be new grounds for me.
Josh2002

If Oxford get promoted however, you may be looking at Bishop’s Stortford, Braintree or even St. Albans!