Chippenham away.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
HamptonMad

Lost 2.1.Thats it Start The Club Car Mr Barbel lets get out of here. We are Safe.
Josh2002

Poor second half cost us, when we probably should’ve been more than one ahead at the break. Windy conditions didn’t help our game, neither did bookings to Dunne and Wishart which made them reluctant to dive in, ultimately leading to their goals. Clifton was substituted in the second half, looking visibly shattered, unsurprising after being with Montserrat. Definitely start looking ahead to next season now though with us all but safe.
Lord Elpus

We weren't at all bad in the first half, coping with the difficult conditions admirably and carving out some decent moves here and there. But about the second half, well, the less said the better, and Chippenham are a very ordinary side indeed. Ah well, I think we can relax a bit...
RogerB

Wish I shared Josh's and LE's confidence that we are safe. If anything, today's results have made our safety slightly less certain than it seemed before. And, if Weymouth win on Saturday, then squeaky bum time could kick in.
Lord Elpus

I only THINK we're safe...but it would take such an unlikely set of results to see us go down (Cheshunt/Weymouth winning every game and us losing all of our last 4) that if it happened then quite frankly we'd deserve it and the management should go. I think we're a better side than we were and will stay up due to having enough points and others not getting enough. Remember they are down there for a reason...they don't win enough games.
Tony

We have to play Weymouth, Concord and Welling in the next three games. If we can't get three or four points out of that then we really have problems.
Shepperton Supporter

Looking at all the clubs remaining fixture, it would be incredible if either Concord or Hungerford survive. They play each other tonight and the loser would be very unlikely to survive. Both clubs have so many games to fit it their task is made so much more difficult. Weymouth have three away games and we could seal their fate if we win. Personally having watched the highlights from the Havant game they did not play that badly and got a late equaliser. Be warned!
Slough, Cheshunt and Dulwich look likely for the final relegation spot. Of these Cheshunt would be the most likely.
As for us, there are several matches between the clubs around and below us, they cannot all win so I feel comfortable that we should survive!?
Lord Elpus

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:40 pm
As for us, there are several matches between the clubs around and below us, they cannot all win so I feel comfortable that we should survive!?
This was pretty much my take on it. These teams are down there for a reason...they aren't all going to suddenly start winning every game.
GRTourist

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:40 pm Slough, Cheshunt and Dulwich look likely for the final relegation spot. Of these Cheshunt would be the most likely.
I agree, I think Cheshunt look the most likely candidate.

Dulwich seem to have picked up a bit recently, they've only lost to Dartford in their last four, so maybe Hayrettin is starting to have an impact, and most of their remaining fixtures are at home. Slough still have a little bit of a cushion as well, though their last three matches are stinkers - Weymouth away, proper six pointer, and then Farnborough and Braintree at home who both need wins to secure Play Offs.
Shepperton Supporter

No goals at half time in either game this evening. A draw between Hungerford and Concord will do neither much good.
Tony

Concord winning 1-0. Great escape is on. Probably the end for Hungerford.
Shepperton Supporter

Concord won 1-0 against Hungerford. Still can’t see them avoiding relegation.

Taunton beat Dartford away 1-0 just wonder if Dartford have started resting players for the playoffs? They need a couple more points to ensure second place.