Farnborough here on Saturday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

I listened to Spencer Day’s interview following their win over Slough. He said they expected a tough game given our recent run.
It might depend on who is available for us as International calls will hamper Mel’s selection.
Tony

Transfer deadline day today I believe. Will we see any activity?
Shepperton Supporter

Tony wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:18 pm Transfer deadline day today I believe. Will we see any activity?
Thought it was next Thursday, but you may well be right.

As for activity by us, would be good but would not be surprised if nothing. As for exits, the only possible would be fringe players, think the core will remain and he might be looking to getting some on contract for next season. Future League status will be a vital factor.

I am sure Mel has some possible incoming and may well be having informal discussions. From his earlier remarks he might be looking at players he has coached in the past and who might be released this summer.
Tony

Step 5 and below has a different deadline.
Josh2002

David Fisher recalled.
Tony

David Fisher recalled by AFCW. Not hugely helpful given Clifton misses the next two games. Rowe who has disappeared somewhat in recent weeks may get a chance to shine. Not sure that Barzey has been called up so may see him more involved.
Shepperton Supporter

Thought Fisher was here for the rest of the season. This goes to show that having loans makes team building and continuity very difficult. Got an impression that this was unexpected.
Hopefully Mel can do something, we are woefully short of forwards.
Shepperton Supporter

AsTony pointed out its transfer deadline day and managers are struggling to strengthen up their squads.
Tony

If Barzey and Comley are also on international duty then we will have lost four players from the squad since last week. Doesn’t leave much cover if we pick up injuries or suspensions.
Shepperton Supporter

Tony wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:25 pm If Barzey and Comley are also on international duty then we will have lost four players from the squad since last week. Doesn’t leave much cover if we pick up injuries or suspensions.
Think that’s what most minds think. if Fisher was recalled on deadline day without notice then our survival has been jeopardised . Still a couple of wins and we might be ok.
Shepperton Supporter

Dowson has signed three players today plus let one go to Worthing on loan.
Be interesting to see after today, how many clubs have altered their squads.
Shepperton Supporter

The more I think about it the recall was not expected and gave us too little time to adjust. Mel might juggle his tactics and lineup to accommodate these changes.