Run in

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Tony

Of our remaining nine fixtures we only have to play two sides in the top half, Farnborough and Dartford. Five are against sides below us. Football web pages predicted final table has us on 52 points (17th) with the last relegation place on 42 points. I suspect we would need to be over 45 points given that no team is yet totally adrift, and 50 to be pretty comfortable of staying up. Nine points from nine games looks eminently achievable. Major turn round in the last few games.
GRTourist

Tony wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:25 am Of our remaining nine fixtures we only have to play two sides in the top half, Farnborough and Dartford. Five are against sides below us. Football web pages predicted final table has us on 52 points (17th) with the last relegation place on 42 points. I suspect we would need to be over 45 points given that no team is yet totally adrift, and 50 to be pretty comfortable of staying up. Nine points from nine games looks eminently achievable. Major turn round in the last few games.
And Farnborough have only picked up six points from their last six matches. The points are definitely there to be won over the next nine matches.
EastTerracer

Seems in our own hands. Will be key to adapt to the absence of Clifton as when we use him well it has made all the difference.
Shepperton Supporter

Our final games might revolve around Clifton’s availability.
I am away so don’t have all the statistics. An interesting exercise is to see how many goals scored by defenders, midfield and strikers. I would think that defenders have contributed almost as many as the strikers?
Tony

We’ll have to adapt to losing Clifton as there is no obvious target man to replace him. Maybe a combination of Fisher, Kurran-Browne and Barzey if the latter not going on international duty.
GRTourist

I'd assume that Barzey, Comley and Clifton will all be called up if Montserrat have qualifiers? I haven't seen any confirmation of anyone other than Clifton though.
BevereeMaster

Once he comes back from international duty I’d imagine his loan would be finished no? https://twitter.com/mufcyorkroad/status ... 7QSk5DhT7Q
Lord Elpus

Would Montserrat really want to take a punt on Barzey? He's not exactly proved his fitness...
Shepperton Supporter

It would be a gamble to take Barzey on international duty considering how little he has played in recent weeks.
For most of us, the concern is Clifton and the lack of a target man especially if he doesn’t return to see the season out. Regrettably it might not be possible to get in a replacement this late?
TW10

If loans are up (and christ many have been wasted) then we need to sign a striker till the end of the season..its madness to think otherwise
Josh2002

Montserrat aren't exactly blessed with a plethora of players, so may take Barzey anyway.
DanielNotley

We really need to get 3 points against Dover on Saturday if so they can also come into the mix if relegation places, also Welling and Slough, becomes more comfortable especially teams around us is also picking up points