Run in

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

Several of the clubs around the relegation zone have games in hand, this might prove a further handicap. Concord play us later this month on a Saturday, they will in the week before have played the previous Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday. They have eleven to fit in before the season ends, the players will be exhausted!
Shepperton Supporter

Looking at the form chart over the last ten games, the surprising thing is the complete loss of form of Havant, their manager has changed as has their CEO and one wonders what is happening behind the scenes. No longer in the playoffs places. They must have some very expensive players who must be unhappy and they have no consistency in selection. Might there be some useful players released soon?
Tony

H&W are heavily indebted to their directors’ companies and are loss making - not that most clubs at our level are not loss making. I wonder if the latest changes reflect financial concerns. Does seem like they are trying hard to avoid the play offs.
BevereeMaster

I would have James Roberts back
Shepperton Supporter

BevereeMaster wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:44 pm I would have James Roberts back
I think that view would receive substantial agreement.
Let’s see what happens at the end of the season, his original contract does expire at the end of this season. He is in and out of the side yet remains one of their leading scorers.
Mel might have other ideas!
Shepperton Supporter

Beginning to look like Weymouth might have realised their position.

https://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/sport/2342 ... -reaction/

Would add Concord as they have so many games in such a short time.

Who do others think?
Josh2002

Agree, think both of them are gone, even with Concord’s games in hand.
TW3 Beaver

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:55 pm Looking at the form chart over the last ten games, the surprising thing is the complete loss of form of Havant, their manager has changed as has their CEO and one wonders what is happening behind the scenes. No longer in the playoffs places. They must have some very expensive players who must be unhappy and they have no consistency in selection. Might there be some useful players released soon?
Their loss of form seems to have coincided with the arrival of Tyrell Miller-Rodney.
Shepperton Supporter

Their loss of form seems to have coincided with the arrival of Tyrell Miller-Rodney.
[/quote]

Don’t expose our secret agent!
Tony

Concord lost at Taunton. Looks like relegation between the current bottom six. I’d say Concord, Weymouth, Hungerford and one of Dulwich and Cheshunt.
Shepperton Supporter

After tonight’s results Concord look further in trouble. If we beat Hungerford on Friday that will help our cause and they too might be facing relegation.
Shepperton Supporter

As Tony commented these look the likely candidates for relegation
It would need a drastic run of bad results from another team coupled with an excellent series of results from one of these teams.