Run in

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Tony

Welling are the team in free fall at the moment and likely to get dragged into the relegation mix if they can’t steady the ship soon. Taunton have games in hand but also are struggling and the pressure of having to play a lot games in a short time will not be easy. We and Chippenham have the momentum and despite Tuesday I think Cheshunt should have enough to escape. Slough and Dover should be ok needing just a couple of wins.
Shepperton Supporter

So who do we think will end up in the relegation spots come the end of the season?
DanielNotley

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:31 am So who do we think will end up in the relegation spots come the end of the season?
For me hopefully not us but would love for Dulwich and Slough to go down…

Reason… Slough is an awful place with awful supporters
Dulwich - Upperclass South London thinking they are Gods gift pink hipsto b*****ds (I used to live quite close to Dulwich - Beckenham Junction) and since the overground come into the areas it’s changed dramatically….

The last two placesWelling to go down my friend is a supporter here and always have a little banter however said things not well in the camp

Last team Concord Rangers - why? Essex need to say no more
Josh2002

Very hard to say right now, purely because of how bad some of the teams are.
Last edited by Josh2002 on Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie

It would be interested if Hampton were relegated, and Hanworth Villa won promotion via the playoffs.
It would be crazy to see them in the same division, when not 20 years ago Hanworth Villa basically played in a field.
Tony

I was having exactly the same conversation today. Clearly a big overlap with past Hampton players and a lot of experience in their squad. Also a lot of Hampton volunteers moved there in recent weeks. I understand they have a new chairman willing to invest in the club also looking at a 3G pitch investment. Of course it gets ever more expensive to continue through the divisions particularly for ground grading matters.
Tony

I don't dislike any club in our league but if I had to make a choice it would come down to travelling distance and crowds. I wouldn't want to lose Dulwich's travelling support. I guess we wouldn't miss Hungerford or Concord. Taunton purely for the distance.
Lord Elpus

Tony wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:17 pm I don't dislike any club in our league but if I had to make a choice it would come down to travelling distance and crowds. I wouldn't want to lose Dulwich's travelling support. I guess we wouldn't miss Hungerford or Concord. Taunton purely for the distance.
Concord would be no major loss but Hungerford isn't too bad to get to. Dulwich though...while I quite like some of their initiatives and some of their values, going to games there is just weird. Crowds of 2500 with 500 actually facing the pitch and paying attention.
ExRef

If (when) we stay up, we could be playing Maidstone, Torquay and even Dorking Wanderers next season.
Lord Elpus

ExRef wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:24 am If (when) we stay up, we could be playing Maidstone, Torquay and even Dorking Wanderers next season.
Nothing new though are they? All been in our division in more recent years. We've won games on all those grounds too.
Last edited by Lord Elpus on Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BevereeMaster

I’m hoping Yeovil get relegated, now that would be a nice ground to visit.
Josh2002

Clifton's loan has been extended until the end of the season, great news!