Chelmsford home on Saturday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

First of two home fixtures. Our visitors are going well and beat Dulwich easily last game. For us no doubt Mel might rotate some of the squad. Let’s hope for at least a point, the more important game might well be on the following Tuesday.
Might get squad news with injury updates soon.
Tony

10th v 4th in the form league. We've had some good battles with Chelmsford over the years and Saturday will be another tough game. I see no reason why we can't get something from this if we can be clinical with taking chances. Mel looks as if he picks his team and formation for the opposition facing us so likely to be changes from Tuesday night. What is noticeable is that he is prepared to make changes quickly if things are not working and we have seen a number of half time substitutions and changes of formation and tactics. Some players may not be as adaptive as others to this approach but I guess is partly dictated by the fact that we are not dominating the opposition and few players can be deemed un droppable.
Lord Elpus

One of the things I've been most impressed with regarding Mel is his willingness to make changes at half time and change tactics. I genuinely can't remember the last time we had a manager who did this. It's a really dynamic approach and is a refreshing change from those who refuse to change their rigid approach to a game. So many non league managers tend to wait until the last 10 minutes or so which is usually just pointless given how long it can take a player to settle into a game's pattern.
Tough game ahead v Chelmsford. We'll just have to hope that our ability to be a bit of a bogy side to them over the years makes a return.
HamptonMad

Chelmsford have lost 11 matches this season and are clinging on to a playoff place.lets make it 12 lost. They will not like having to travel to the Bev.
Shepperton Supporter

I think most of us have been pleased with Mel’s approach to team selection and tactics. It might stem from his time at a higher level where these qualities are more in evidence.
As for recruitment, perhaps a little early to pass judgment on signings thus far, getting in players especially strikers of the right standard and price is much more difficult. He has also been hampered by loan rules.
Let’s hope we can get points on Saturday.
Shepperton Supporter

There are several pitch inspections locally, is any planned for Beveree?
Tony

Chelmsford's away form has them 16th in the last six away games, with one win, three draws and one defeat. Draw looks the most likely outcome on that basis.
HamptonMad

Todays odds. Hampton 13/8. Draw 12/5. Chelmsford 6/4.
Mucky knees

HamptonMad wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:39 am Todays odds. Hampton 13/8. Draw 12/5. Chelmsford 6/4.

HM I thought your credo was "never borrow never lend". Now you're talking about gambling once again.

Also I'd be interested to hear how you pay for goods and services if you don't have banking cards???

MK
Cliffp

Cash?
HamptonMad

Mucky knees wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:00 pm
HamptonMad wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:39 am Todays odds. Hampton 13/8. Draw 12/5. Chelmsford 6/4.

HM I thought your credo was "never borrow never lend". Now you're talking about gambling once again.

Also I'd be interested to hear how you pay for goods and services if you don't have banking cards???

MK
Cash.
HamptonMad

3 points won 2.1. Start the Club car Mr Barbel lets get out of here.
Last edited by HamptonMad on Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.