Tonbridge on Tuesday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

Our third home game in a row, I am sure all supporters would want another three points. Probably the most difficult game of the three and I am sure Wood will be up for it?
Tony

We beat them 4-1 at their place in game #2 of the season but a lot has changed since then. I think a win is quite possible if we can play our passing game. A loss would drag us back into the thick of the relegation battle. Must be aiming for 50 points or thereabouts to reach safety.
Lord Elpus

Anyone putting a cheeky fiver on Wood to score?
Tony

Doubt he will be first choice as Greenidge ( who scored for Hemel against us earlier in the season) is their main goal threat.
HamptonMad

Match betting tonight from William Hill.
Hampton 6/5
Draw 11/5
Tonbridge 2/1
Hampton to win 1.0 is 7/1.
Start the Club car lets get down the Bookies.
Jamie

Lord Elpus wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:00 pm Anyone putting a cheeky fiver on Wood to score?
I joked about doing this with Amartey before the Slough game.
Wish I had.
Adam

The cut off for a suspension for 10 yellow cards is soon. The 2nd Sunday in March. So we have 4 games before then including tonight. Players at risk are:
Alfy Whittinham on 8
Dan Wishart on 7
Shane Dunne on 6
Wouldn’t be surprised to see some tactically subbing in the next few games. It’s a two match suspension if they get to 10. Shane will be fine as long as he doesn’t get one tonight obviously.
Big Rich

Adam wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:06 pm The cut off for a suspension for 10 yellow cards is soon. The 2nd Sunday in March. So we have 4 games before then including tonight. Players at risk are:
Alfy Whittinham on 8
Dan Wishart on 7
Shane Dunne on 6
Wouldn’t be surprised to see some tactically subbing in the next few games. It’s a two match suspension if they get to 10. Shane will be fine as long as he doesn’t get one tonight obviously.
Excellent stats!
TW10

A very good effort against a strong side, miles the better team. So many good performances. Special mention to Wishart, he missed a pen but had another great game he really is a good player. Awful goal to concede. With their size they were always dangerous from set pieces.
Josh2002

Two poor penalties costing us. Tonbridge didn’t offer much apart from their goal, I just really hope the ridiculous amount of missed penalties we’ve had this season ends up costing us, something desperately needs to be done about it.
Lord Elpus

A good ish performance but not a great one I thought. Didn't really carve out many clear cut opportunities and if you miss 2 pens you don't deserve to win, pure and simple.
Tony

When it comes to the end of season and we count up the number of points we have thrown away by missing so many penalties I just hope it isn’t the difference between relegation and survival. Two missed this evening by Wishart and then Clifton, the latter after we gave away a poor goal, Julian failing to come off his line for a freekick. Tonbridge looked a decent side but after a lively start they couldn’t sustain the high press and we got on top by the end of the first period. Not too many clear chances so Wishart’s penalty chance from the spot was a gift we needed to accept. Second half we were pretty much on top without testing Henley too much. Tonbridge didn’t have much in response either until we conceded a couple of soft free kicks wide on the left. They took the one half chance they had all game. Back we came and got a lifeline when Kurran-Browne went down. This time Clifton’s shot was parried away by Henley going to his right. Total frustration. 10 missed this season i make it which has got to be a record (Les?). A great chance to pull out of the relegation dog fight with what was a decent performance but thrown away by the penalty hoodoo.
Last edited by Tony on Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.