Dulwich at home on Saturday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

We entertain aTeam who form is worse than ours! Their last outing was a heavy defeat at Worthing. This does not mean it will be easy but we do need the points.
Hope Donaldson is fit, if so, it may be an unchanged team. Always hope for additional players, but it might be unlikely unless someone leaves to free up some room in the squad.
Josh2002

As stated before, we simply have to back up the performance on Tuesday, our run of home games coming up are absolutely massive.
Shepperton Supporter

Well Wood has gone back to Tonbridge. Wonder if we will get a replacement?
Adam

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:46 pm Well Wood has gone back to Tonbridge. Wonder if we will get a replacement?
Do we need anyone else? We’ve just signed Clifton and Fisher.
Attacking positions, down the middle and outwide. We now have Rowe, Kurran-Brown, Clifton, Fisher, Barzey & Donaldson. Whittingham has also played in wide right position at times.
EastTerracer

Let's hope Clifton can play as well as he did on Tuesday. His ability to control the ball and lay it off succesfully made a big difference.
Tony

Clifton is only on a month’s loan, so may need some extra options. Wood’s departure no surprise. I think Gary McCann was close to moving him on back end of last year and Mel pretty quickly worked out he was not going to be the answer. A poor signing.
Josh2002

Agree, Clifton held the ball up really well on Tuesday and looked like a very solid all-round player.
Lord Elpus

Didn't realise Wood had gone although I'm not surprised. I think he might have turned out to be a better addition under different circumstances. Gary seemed to want to often leave him a bit isolated up front which he clearly doesn't have the tools to do, and with his lack of support coinciding with our run of dreadful form he looked increasingly despondent. I bet he returns to haunt us.
Clifton did a lot of holding up and dragging defenders out of position on Tuesday which we haven't really had all season.
Shepperton Supporter

My only issue with this transfer is that he will be available to play against us next week. I would have thought we should have taken steps to prevent this as if he plays on Tuesday, you know what will happen!!
TW3 Beaver

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:31 am My only issue with this transfer is that he will be available to play against us next week. I would have thought we should have taken steps to prevent this as if he plays on Tuesday, you know what will happen!!
As happened at their place.
Shepperton Supporter

True Tw3, but that was after the summer break and the start of a new season, slightly different circumstances?
Tony

Interesting logic. We release a player who we think isn't good enough for us but worry that he so much of a threat that he will score against us.