Mel Gwinnett

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Brit

If the club was or was about to become insolvent then presuambly the shares had little value (perhaps just enouigh to expedite the transfers) The transfers wouild be an entirely private matter with the new shareholders names ultimately appearing on a subsequent annual return. I assume the supporters trust agreed not to reveal their share transfer details. One plus side for the the new owners would be the academy.
Tony

TW10 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:03 pm Few further questions spring to mind..

1) I think it was said at the the Q&A but who is the backer (some FTSE100 financial doyen) and is it a single individual or a few?
2) are the brothers shareholders or just employed to administer the club?
3) would be interesting to know what they are being paid.
4) finally what did it cost for the new backers to assume control i.e what did they pay for their majority shareholding in the club?

Educated answers appreciated by many im sure!
This was all dealt with at the various Trust meetings with the new shareholders and Trust members. Can I presume you were not a Trust member? The agreement between the club, Ramayana and the Trust is subject to a confidentiality agreement so cannot be divulged on a public forum although Trust members were informed fully of the details. Some of this you will be able to work out from public filings at Companies House.
Jamie

Tony wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:05 pm
HamptonMad wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:17 pm The Club should be run by The Supporters trust in step 3. And all the happy helpers. Bring the club back together.
The Trust would struggle to run the club financially in the Combined Counties. Let’s not kid ourselves about how expensive it is to run a non league club these days.

Last edited by Jamie on Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
TW10

Tony wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:58 am
TW10 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:03 pm Few further questions spring to mind..

1) I think it was said at the the Q&A but who is the backer (some FTSE100 financial doyen) and is it a single individual or a few?
2) are the brothers shareholders or just employed to administer the club?
3) would be interesting to know what they are being paid.
4) finally what did it cost for the new backers to assume control i.e what did they pay for their majority shareholding in the club?

Educated answers appreciated by many im sure!
This was all dealt with at the various Trust meetings with the new shareholders and Trust members. Can I presume you were not a Trust member? The agreement between the club, Ramayana and the Trust is subject to a confidentiality agreement so cannot be divulged on a public forum although Trust members were informed fully of the details. Some of this you will be able to work out from public filings at Companies House.
No I'm just a supporter..whats with all the confidentiality?
RogerB

I’m a Trust member but have never been contacted by the club or the Trust to inform me of the details of the takeover.
Tony

You had better check direct with the Trust if your membership was still current at the time (beaverstrust@gmail.com) and if they had your full contact details. All members were contacted by either email or post with invitations to the meetings either in person or by Zoom link.
Tony

No I'm just a supporter..whats with all the confidentiality?
[/quote]

The various agreements were adjudged to be commercially sensitive by the parties involved. It's not unusual for such agreements to be subject to confidentiality.
tones

How on earth can the acquisition of HRBFC be commercially sensitive. Is their something buried under the pitch or do the club have links with the Russian government. Secrecy only breeds conspiracy even in non league football as the fans at Staines Town found out to their misfortune.
Tony

Perhaps take it up with the new owners, they are very approachable. Personally I don’t think there is anything so sensitive that anyone should be at all worried about but that was the basis on which they were prepared to invest. If you were a Trust member you would have the details.
RogerB

Tony wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:49 pm Perhaps take it up with the new owners, they are very approachable. Personally I don’t think there is anything so sensitive that anyone should be at all worried about but that was the basis on which they were prepared to invest. If you were a Trust member you would have the details.
And how does one "take it up" with them? Do they have an email address? And, if the Fans Q&A is anything to go by, they'll be very selective about the questions they choose to answer and, even then, gloss over fans' concerns in their answers.
BevereeMaster

They are always at games, at Bath away they stood behind the goal first half with the fans, ST Albans away they was also behind the goal next to the fans. At home games they are there to greet most fans and are usually happy to talk. Not sure how much info on this topic you would get out of them but like Tony said if you was a member of the trust you would have been provided with this information.
RogerB

I am a member of the Trust and wasn’t provided with the information.