Meet the Owners Q&A tonight! Wednesday 1st February

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
GRTourist

No dramas, I didn't think you were having a dig at all - obviously the more people who can see the video the better!
HamptonMad

Yep money down the drain for lots of supporters. Are we getting our money back. And you defo need to provide a phone number. To watch Video.
BevereeMaster

People can criticise the new owners for how they have dealt with some situations however the news about u16’s being able to go to games for free until end of the season if they are wearing the club colours and accompanied by an adult is brilliant.
HamptonMad

All youth team players should be let in free. They were in my day. And after the game we swept the stands.
Cliffp

Yep and absolute master stroke by the new owners. Will be brilliant in the isthmian or southern league next season to see all these kids running around in red and blue.
BevereeMaster

Cliffp wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:16 pm Yep and absolute master stroke by the new owners. Will be brilliant in the isthmian or southern league next season to see all these kids running around in red and blue.
If you was at Bath last night Cliff you would see that it’s very unlikely we will go down, Bath could barely get out of their half for 45 min. Under Gary it was all have faith but now we face some change it’s all doom and gloom. I’m assuming the negativity stems from the staff and volunteer issues but they come and go unfortunately. Who knows the people who start this Saturday might be here in 5 -10 years time and will be seen as important members of the clubs community.
Josh2002

Well said.
Cliffp

I guess only time will tell but I think it’s a commonly held belief that points need to be picked up pretty quickly to avoid getting dragged into the mire. Momentum is everything and should we find ourselves in or fast approaching the mire then experienced heads will be needed. So far the new manager doesn’t seem to have been able to add any experience and we’ve got an 18year old on loan. Let’s see how many new faces rock up on Saturday eh?
BevereeMaster

After the performance on Saturday I personally don’t think we need too many more. Also the same 18 year old who is on the bench for cover due to his versatility was good enough to play a couple games in the national league this season, was also one of Tonbridge’s better players when he was on loan there according to their fans and got a couple of assists too. I remember everyone wanting Jay Hines the 18 year old to start games at the beginning of the season but now it’s a big issue for one to sit on the bench? Lastly, in his QnA Mel was quite clear how he looks to use youth and develop them like he did at Exeter with great success I doubt he will change his ways now especially when he has leaders like Gray, Inman, Jules, Dunne and Ru who I’m sure are all experienced enough to help the young bucks and keep this group of boys in the league.
Tony

The quality of football has definitely improved under Mel but four games in we have just two points to show for it. I am sure he is still looking to recruit but clearly it’s not proving easy to find experienced players which may be down to money or contacts. We need wins.
BevereeMaster

Of course but he has played 2 sides in the play offs with only a handful of training sessions, still a long way to go in the season.
GRTourist

BevereeMaster wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:51 pm After the performance on Saturday I personally don’t think we need too many more. Also the same 18 year old who is on the bench for cover due to his versatility was good enough to play a couple games in the national league this season, was also one of Tonbridge’s better players when he was on loan there according to their fans and got a couple of assists too. I remember everyone wanting Jay Hines the 18 year old to start games at the beginning of the season but now it’s a big issue for one to sit on the bench? Lastly, in his QnA Mel was quite clear how he looks to use youth and develop them like he did at Exeter with great success I doubt he will change his ways now especially when he has leaders like Gray, Inman, Jules, Dunne and Ru who I’m sure are all experienced enough to help the young bucks and keep this group of boys in the league.
BevereeMaster wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:51 pm If you was at Bath last night Cliff you would see that it’s very unlikely we will go down, Bath could barely get out of their half for 45 min. Under Gary it was all have faith but now we face some change it’s all doom and gloom. I’m assuming the negativity stems from the staff and volunteer issues but they come and go unfortunately. Who knows the people who start this Saturday might be here in 5 -10 years time and will be seen as important members of the clubs community.
Think both of these comments are pretty much spot on tbf.