Meet the Owners Q&A tonight! Wednesday 1st February

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Stanwell Beaver

Thanks for the feedback, I have been very interested to read and feel generally positive from what you've all had to say. I couldn't make it, what with the health issues...that said I will be St Albans tomorrow. Anyway....just wanted to say, "Thanks" for all the information. As a relative 'newbie' over these last three years, I am excited to be involved and hope (obviously) that things all come good.
BEAVERS!!
Jamie

BevereeMaster wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:44 pm Some more info on the brothers and what they have done and are doing for other sports as well.

https://www.iamuxa.com/about

This company has been filing dormant accounts each year since 2016.
HamptonMad

Les1949 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:55 pm Re this...
There were some questions about the volunteers leaving. One quite emotional. Stefano spoke about how he recognises that they may have caused offence in their discussions with volunteers etc-this wasn’t intentional and they apologise, which did sound very sincere. But he also stated that they want the club to feel inclusive to everyone who comes, or is new to it, not just those who have been coming for years or who already have familiarity with the place and the individuals that were here. They are also keen to listen. Their reasons for making changes are that they wanted to pay staff properly and keep this fully above board, and this has led to many volunteers, including some who were paid, leaving. This was their choice. Former volunteers are always welcome to come back. The new way of doing things had to be adopted if things were going to be run on a more professional way, acceptable to businessmen putting money in. He genuinely sounded apologetic about any upset in the way this was done.

Sandra has asked someone to go on to the forum on her behalf.
I wasn't at the meeting - preferring to watch the Under 18s on the pitch.
Sandra was 'the emotional one'. Sandra would like it known that it was never about 'pay'. Sandra has been cooking burgers at the club for, what, 10/20 years. What upset her was the fact that the brothers never spoke to her or the other girls in the kitchen. Didn't ask who they were, what they did, how they were. Perhaps it is how those in charge now behave in the corporate world to their catering staff? Sandra has a number of jobs and is quite happy paying PAYE (anyone can always talk to her behind the Bar at the Railway Bell for confirmation).

BTW, don't shoot the messenger!
Club Advertising on Facebook for Bar persons.and Burger and Chips Chef pay £12 per hour. And making treacle sandwiches for The board room.
TW10

I find the whole thing very odd..i think the majority of supporters will let the volunteer thing go if things turn around on the pitch and the new manager is backed. Can’t help but think though that the brothers are perhaps disingenuous.
TW10

Just watched the Q&A online. Mel sounds very confident (at the moment) with the backing he has, so much so he clearly states the football league is the ambition. I personally think there is no chance but look forward to be proved wrong.
Jamie

TW10 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:41 pm Just watched the Q&A online. Mel sounds very confident (at the moment) with the backing he has, so much so he clearly states the football league is the ambition. I personally think there is no chance but look forward to be proved wrong.
Where is the Q&A online? I've not seen it posted or advertised anywhere?
Big Rich

[/quote]

Club Advertising on Facebook for Bar persons.and Burger and Chips Chef pay £12 per hour. And making treacle sandwiches for The board room.
[/quote]

And some tomato soup, presumably.
GRTourist

Jamie wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:07 am
TW10 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:41 pm Just watched the Q&A online. Mel sounds very confident (at the moment) with the backing he has, so much so he clearly states the football league is the ambition. I personally think there is no chance but look forward to be proved wrong.
It's on the club newsletter. You needed to sign up for it.

https://twitter.com/HRBFC/status/162155 ... 3k0j5PkNJA
Jamie

GRTourist wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:02 am

I am a life member of the Supporters Trust.
Surely with the promise of the trust being involved still, then should be able to view it through that membership. Why the need to sign up to another mailing list? Seems odd.
HamptonMad

Jamie wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:20 am

Surely with the promise of the trust being involved still, then should be able to view it through that membership. Why the need to sign up to another mailing list? Seems odd.
Well said Jamie. As a Trust member you should be able to view it. Mailing list also asks for a phone number. I think we will find out more by taking one of the £12 an hour jobs selling Beer. And get on the inside and find out whats going on.
GRTourist

HamptonMad wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:39 am

Well said Jamie. As a Trust member you should be able to view it. Mailing list also asks for a phone number. I think we will find out more by taking one of the £12 an hour jobs selling Beer. And get on the inside and find out whats going on.
I'm not going to get involved on whether the ST should get it, but you can register for the mailing list without giving your phone number. The only information which is required is your name and email address.
Jamie

GRTourist wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:47 pm
HamptonMad wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:39 am

I'm not going to get involved on whether the ST should get it, but you can register for the mailing list without giving your phone number. The only information which is required is your name and email address.
I'm not having a go at you Thom, and thank you for showing how it can be viewed.
I tried to sign up without providing a phone number but it wouldn't allow it.

Supporters Trust don't seem to be very active with any updates now takeover has gone though, I only signed up withing the last couple of years to life membership, so I've basically just thrown that money away it seems.