Non League Paper

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Rob Overfield

For those who read the publication, there’s a very nice letter from our own Les Rance in it…
Lord Elpus

Saw it on social media. Given that I was one of the first to say he was the obvious candidate for the vacancy when Dowson left, yes, it is a shame that Gary's time with us has come to an end. But it simply isn't true to say that there was very little clamour for him to go. Many of the people I talk to at the ground, as well as some on here, had in fact imagined it might have happened sooner. With results and performances the way they were something had to be done and I suspect Gary might be the first to admit that it's usually the manager who carries the can when results are not improving.
Sacking someone in whatever setting is never a nice thing but at the end of the day, we are a semi-pro football club. Whatever people (be they stalwart volunteers or supporters) think, results do matter.
TW10

i haven’t been a supporter for 30yrs but live locally and go to a pro or non league game every weekend. It reached the stage where the kind of football being played at Hampton (and the state of the pitch) meant i was close to stopping going. That had nothing really to do with results it was entirely the smash it long and feed off scraps was rubbish to watch . By contrast the football played early last season , pretty much before the plymouth game, was great to watch.
BevereeMaster

Gary’s time was up, people might not be happy with how things are going at the moment but that doesn’t change that we was on a downwards trajectory with Gary with no signs of improvement. Find it hard to agree with that letter.
tones

If the board were keen to keep Gary they would have given him the funds to bring in new players. By board I mean the recent investors as well!
Shepperton Supporter

We don’t know the exact reasons why he was asked to go. The likely reasons have been mentioned already, recruitment in the summer was poor many of the incoming players have gone, the standard of football deteriorating.
Don’t like to see managers relieved of their jobs but the risk of relegation was getting too real.
HamptonMad

In Gary we Trusted. Good luck in the future and take care.
Big Rich

HamptonMad wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:07 am In Gary we Trusted. Good luck in the future and take care.
Dowson brings him in as assistant manager at Dartford. They take three points off us on the last day of the season to secure promotion and relegate us. It's written in the stars.